Youth work and European Citizenship: raising under..
Youth work and European Citizenship: raising understanding and developing tools
Date du début: 15 déc. 2014,
Date de fin: 15 août 2015
All young people understand we are living in Europe, yet ‘Europe’ remains an abstract notion. The European Union and the Council of Europe aim to strengthen European citizenship, but what does that mean? Do youth workers have a responsibility here? This training course for youth workers started from the beginning, with asking ourselves what could be understood by ‘Europe’, followed by exploring the idea of citizenship. We took a look at the four aspects of citizenship: societal, cultural, political and economic factors. Then another core part of the training will startedt: developing and testing tools to promote active citizenship so they could be implemented in the local realities of the youth workers. The methods were as creative as possible, using non-formal education, for example brain storms, group work, role plays, energizers etc.
The aim was:
• To raise understanding of the concepts of ‘Europe’ and ‘citizenship’ and to develop tools for youth workers on these themes.
• To analyze the different meanings of Europe (where, what, who)
• To gain knowledge on key concepts of citizenship: societal, cultural, political and economic factors.
• To discover the right attitudes towards the project of European unity (future of Europe)
• To develop and test new tools on European citizenship
• To promote active European citizenship, a common European identity and non-formal education
There were 30 participants involved, all youth workers. The project consisted of one activity, namely a training course. The objectives were reached via different non-formal educational methods and workshops.
After the training the participants are able to better organise workshops on citizenship in relation to Europe in their local realities for local young people. This supported both the professional development of youth workers as well as the participating organizations.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien