Youth for active - Training course and Youth excha..
Youth for active - Training course and Youth exchange
Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 30 avr. 2016
Activity type: Training course and Youth exchange
Host organization: YEES, n. o.
Partners: 6 (Slovakia, Estonia, Romania, Turkey, Spain, Portugal)
Activity duration: 7 working days
Travel: 2 days
Venue of the project:
TC - Spišská Nová Ves - Čingov -Spiš region, Slovakia
YE - Ruzomberok, Zilina region, Slovakia
Total number of participants: TC - 27 and YE: 32
Project dates: TC - 16/8-24/8/2015 , YE - 27/10 - 04/11/2015
Context/background of the project:
The project YOUTH4ACTION consists of 2 projects: Training course with 27 youth workers and Youth exchange with 32 participants, are designed to contribute to the increase of physical activity, healthier lifestyle and reduce sedentary behaviour among youth in order to decrease youth social exclusion and prevent them from having physical and mental deceases in the future
TC´s main aim is to:
- Provide them with the motivational techniques for youth to examine the healthy lifestyle issues and to come up with solutions
- Encourage them to canvass their NGO members, communities and youth and develop their action plans for improving working programme about food and physical activity options as an empowering effort that can lead to liifelong healthier habits
- Teach youth to increase their understandanding of nutrition and physical activity-related issues that affect their environments
- Teach youth skills that will help them make healthier nutrition and physical activity choices
- Design a youth-driven nutrition and physical activity community/ youth exchange project
- Model and promote healthful eating and physical activity for their organization
- Improve competences for youth worker
YE´s main aim is to:
- Motivate young people to examine these issues and come up with solutions
- Encourage them to canvass their communities and develop their action plans for improving their food and physical activity options as an empowering effort that can lead to liifelong healthier habits.
- Increase their understanding of nutrition and physical activity-related issues that affect their environments
- Teach skills that will help them make healthier nutrition and physical activity choices
- Design a youth-driven nutrition and physical activity community project
The activities reflects the the projects ´needs:
4. Nutrition (nutrition, healthy diet, food fads and myths, biochemistry, deceases)
5. Social Inclusion (health´s effects on social in/exclusion)
6. Education through sport (sport as an educational and social inclusion tool, aerobic capacity, flexibility, and muscular strength and endurance to increase self-esteem and lower levels of anxiety and stress)
7. Non-formal learning approaches and peer to peer education (as a tool for the inclusion of all, voluntarism as a tool)
Methodology used in carrying out the project:
Both projects will implement non-formal learning methods and peer to peer education, which social inclusion and empower cohesion among youngsters. As a result of that, multiple competences such as team-building, digital and problem solving competence, facilitation, volunteering, communication, decision making, self-esteem, self reflection ability, entrepreneurship and creative thinking skills will be supported.
The methods vary depending on the topics and are as follows: warm-ups, workshops, simulation, discussion, role-plays, icebreakers/energizers, group work, learning-by-doing activities, presentations, group reflection, self-reflection, supplementary activities of the participants, etc.
The project hosts a number of intercultural workshops delivered by skilled facilitators and peer led skills sharing sessions in diverse context. Through these activities, the participants create final work (Fun and Play Day) as an outdoor event for local children, which will be included in the activities. Throughout the project, there are main activities, evaluation as well as cultural night performances and a social activities programme.
- trained youth workers on the healthy lifestyle topic
- increased of health literacy (youth, youth workers)
- prevention techniques from sedentary behaviour (families - children - youth - adult - children)
- Open space day / I can do it day the day of healthy and active physical activities for youth
TC´s impact on:
- societies which become health literate because of citizens who will be able to make decisions about their healthy lifestyle for themselves, youth workers- professionals who will be able to tailor their training to meet the youth needs and see it as their responsibility to foster their and youth health literacy, local authorities, which will be interested in incorporation the notion of health literacy into their policy etc.
- Strengthening active citizenship for healthy lifestyle
The potential longer term benefits:
- Rouse an interest in the healthy lifestyle
- - spread active lifestyle via peer2peer education among youth
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien