Youth Empowerment and Participation
Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 30 nov. 2015
In today's society many young people tend to feel marginalised and unable to find their place. It is therefore very important that adults, in particular, youth workers and youth leaders encourage young people so that they can realise their capabilities and be actively involved within society. Youth participation and empowerment have indeed become very important issues in youth work and youth policy. Importance on these areas have also been given in the Erasmus+ programme since youth participation is emphasized as a precondition for active citizenship. Undoubtedly, a very important technique that can be utilised by youth leaders and youth workers to increase the participation of young people within the community/society is coaching.
These issues were tackled in the 'YEP' training course which brought together 31 participants from Armenia, Malta, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Czech Republic, Latvia, Denmark and Germany in Dilijan, Armenia between the 22 - 30 November 2015. These issues have been tackled through the following objectives;
• empowering youth workers by practicing specific tools, exploring new educational theories of youth empowerment and participation
• enhancing participation, coaching and mentoring of youth workers
• assessing good practices in empowerment of youth and inclusion
• improving knowledge, skills and attitudes of coaching
• understanding the relevance of the coaching process in supporting young peoples active participation
• understanding how nature and outdoor activities can be used for youth empowerment
• supporting the creation of empowering and sustainable projects
• develop cooperation with other organizations working in the same field within Erasmus + programme
These objectives have been met through non-formal methods of education where workshops and sessions were based on role-plays, case studies, simulation exercises ad video-forums among others. The ultimate aim of this training course was to create a long-term impact since the participants have acquired the necessary skills to be able to support young people to implement projects which are really addressing the needs of young people. Thus, through good coaching techniques the participants have also understood how to make a good needs analysis and access the right ways and roles which a coach should take to support and empower young people.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien