Young people in Education and Studies working in E..
Young people in Education and Studies working in Europe
Date du début: 1 oct. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 mai 2018
The project YES Europe Young people in Education and Studies working in Europe aims at helping students to find study and working options in Europe.
In Europe today more and more young people know that they will be unemployed after finishing their schooling and therefore lack motivation to continue with their education and even drop out of school. There are young people needed in many work fields all over Europe however the students do not know how they can find a job outside their home country. They also do not know how to find study options which will enable them to work in a different European country. During the project students will gain the necessary intercultural, methodical, linguistic and ICT competences to enable them to find work and study options in the European partner countries.
A course YES Europe will be implemented at each school and integrated into the school curriculum which focuses on intercultural learning and application processes. Teaching material will be designed also based on material produced in the SCUBA Comenius project (Schools communication Understanding for Business Awareness).
6 transnational meetings with all partners will be held at each participating country (Austria, Croatia, Norway, Romania, Turkey and Germany). 4 students and 2-3 teachers of each country will participate at each meeting and function as experts and multipliers.
The first meeting will be held as a youth conference where students will determine their needs when wanting to find study and working options in Europe. A work plan will be designed that will be followed at the next meetings. At each meeting local companies will be visited and question sessions will be held. Further the students and teachers will meet with universities, job centers and the chamber of commerce to collect information on the job and study market. Students will learn about the education system, housing situation, work situation and study options in each country. Further the students will be trained prospectively in the following fields during the 3-6th meeting (the exact work plan will be set by students at the youth conference):
- determine their professional domain (e.g . test)
- understand their own strengths and weaknesses and define their motivation (e.g.test, interview)
- understand company´s requirements in partner countries (e.g. vitits companies interview personnel departments)
- understand intercultural differences (e.g. being with people from the other countries)
- find job vacancies in the participating European countries (e.e.g internet and newspaper research, job centers)
- assess the value of their education in the European partner countries (e.g. universities, job centers)
- assess their English language skills
- know about study/training options in the partner countries (e.g. universities, job centers)
- know about needed professions in the partner countries (internet research, job centers)
- use communication tools which are needed to communicate with colleagues, bosses, friends
- successfully write an application in English (training course)
- succeed in a job interview (assessment center, interview training)
- organize their travel/work documents (e.g. office of immigration, internet research)
- find accommodation in the European country (newspaper, internet research)
At the end markets of opportunities will be held in each country and at the last meeting all results will be presented to local companies, universities, job centers, chamber of commerce as well as neighboring schools. A YES Europe booklet/CD will comprise all results and will serve as a means for dissemination. The YES Europe homepage and the eTwinning platform will also insure dissemination of the project.
The results of the project are valuable not only for schools but also for institutions such as companies, universities and job centers to help employees and students in finding jobs and education in the European partner countries, therefore, we expect to reach companies (about 70 - 100 with employees between 20- 30.000), universities (about 14), Chambers of commerce (7), job centers (7) and neighbouring schools (about 21). The number of people reached in the project will therefore amount to several thousand people in each country.
The long term effects of the project will be that students will find work and study options in other European countries and therefore the motivation of students to stay at school and continue with a higher education will be increased. The number of jobless and aimless students will decrease and students’ self-confidence and motivation will be increased significantly. A follow-up project is planned to include different countries and thus increase the amount of information on study and working options in Europe.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien