You Are Able 3
Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 31 janv. 2016
Volunteering is not a mere activity which does not presuppose financial direct benefit. Rather, it is a means of self-expression and demonstration - finding one's own self and what makes us competitive in the job market. Being involved in voluntary activities, means the following:
- Applying the voluntary experience for developing personal skills and knowledge;
- Identifying a field of vast opportunities for personal progression, networking and professional development;
- Demonstrating the willingness to act and to participate in the community’s social life and in tackling local and global problems.
Finally, volunteering is a productive mechanism for youth empowerment and promoting youth participation. Nevertheless, despite the increased number of youth involvement, a few realize its potential for increasing youth employability and fighting against youth unemployment.
The aim of this project is to promote volunteering as a learning mechanism for increasing youth employability.
The objectives of the project are:
- Provide youth workers and youth leaders with knowledge, skills and tools on recruitment, retainement, and recognition and reward of voluntary work;
- Introduce mechanisms for structured tracking of voluntary work as a learning process;
- Reflect upon types of voluntary activities that lead to youth capacity development and increased competitiveness in the job market;
- Share best practices on volunteering and youth employability in different European countries;
- Build partnership among civil society organizations from the Programme and Neighboring Partner countries concerning volunteering and youth employability.
The project is linked to three of the specific objectives pursued by the Erasmus+ Programme in the field of youth, namely through:
- Working towards improvement of the level of key competences and skills of young people, promoting volunteering as a form of active citizenship and strengthening links between youth work, volunteering and youth employment;
- Fostering quality improvements in youth work and non-formal education, through sharing best practices and enhancing cooperation between organisations in the youth field and youth employment sector;
- Enhancing the international dimension of the activities through bringing together youth workers, to reflect on possible mechanisms and support structures for young people, among others, through mobility programmes and international cooperation.
Hence, this training course directly targets one of the annual priorities - decreasing youth unemployment and is closely related to increasing youth participation and active citizenship through voluntary work.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien