Watchful Approach to Vocational Education
Date du début: 1 juin 2015,
Date de fin: 31 mai 2016
Due to the importance of our geographical position, we should use all potentials and chances to upgrade students' knowledge and competences so they could in the future maintain necessary engagement in their professional field to preserve and further develop our region. We tend to initiate and maintain development of our region through rural, recreational and eco-tourism, what offers great possibilities for employment and self-employment. We consider it to be very important to give our students a chance to gain theoretical knowledge and practical work as much as possible and to learn the specific fields of their future employment. That knowledge will be a great contribution to the work of our school, considering our goal to foster vocational education to empower regional capacities in the fields of agronomy, agro-tourism and tourism hospitality, together with service and administrative industry following them. One further goal of our school is also making transversal skills and synergy of knowledge of the vocations we educate.
Srednja Skola Stjepana Sulimanca made mobility of our students to Torquay, England, Devon region, in period of two weeks. This mobility has included 30 students and 3 accompanying teacher as follows:
- agro-touristic technician - 10 students, 4. grade
- junior administrative clerk - 10 students, 4. grade
- cooks and waiters - altogether 10 students, 3. grade.
Students were placed on work placements in companies, organisations and institutions whose fields of work include knowledge and competences our students learn and acquire in their field of education and praxis in our school.
Each of the following objectives were met:
- Students have gained new knowledge and skills in their field of education
- Students have obtained new and innovative work methods in the field of agro-tourism, eco-tourism, tourism hospitality and administration
- Students have learned how to respect work ethics
- Students have learned how to respect professional relationships in their working environment
- Students have learned about organisation of work in their professional field
- Students have learned about synergy of fields of work with the aim of better management of the company, organisation and institution - organisation of cooperation with the aim of maintaining competitiveness on the market
- After returning from mobility, students got motivation for further education and training
- Students have developed entrepreneurial skills
- Students got work experience with EU standards
- Students have developed social and language skills
- Students got sense of belonging to European citizenship.
Companies, institutions and organisations that have received the students to work placements are chosen by our partner. The criteria were that they are in the field of work for which our students are educating. We provided our partner with the educational profile of our student so they could find the work placements for every vocation. In the work placement every student was under supervision of the mentor assigned to them and the mentor supervised students’ work, assigned them the work tasks and monitored their progress. Observations, descriptions of the students’ work tasks and evaluation are documented in Europass document. The Europass document is given to each student after their return from the mobility.
Our school through this mobility, and we hope to prepare new ones too, opens its door to new knowledge and new experience which improves the competences, knowledge and skills of students and teachers. Quality of education in our school is improved, because this mobility provides opportunities for students to gain knowledge and work experience that overpass the region of our town. This mobility project have great impact on the interest of the future students for our school and it motivates our teachers for more quality work with the students. The school management is also motivated to make further steps towards following European standards in education.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien