United in diversity
Date du début: 17 août 2015,
Date de fin: 16 avr. 2016
“United in diversity” is a youth exchange that aims to gather 42 participants in Chiati, Italy from 30 October till 6th November (5 youngsters and 1 youth leader per one national group) from 7 different countries (Italy, Poland, Portugal, Georgia, Ukraine and Turkey). Bringing together countries from EU and EECA will help build stronger cohesion between people of these countries. Young people will be working together discovering diversity where difference does not represent a barrier to individual fulfilment and social opportunity. The project will let youngsters see things from different perspectives which will not only widen their horizon, but also will give them a more varied set of possible answers to the challenges they meet in their lives. The youth exchange will stimulate young people’s self-confidence to explore unfamiliar settings, to meet new and different people, to be curious etc. By having these opportunities to meet difference, young people will develop their critical thinking and become increasingly open-minded, so as to be able to value diversity and truly learn from each other, as opposed to rejecting or accepting each other’s views based only on assumptions, stereotypes and/or prejudice as “Everybody has prejudices, but only by facing them, can we fight them.”( Margareta Wadstein, Swedish Ombudsman for Ethnic Discrimination). The youth exchange will be based on the principles and practices of non-formal education, taking into account the needs, motivations and experiences of participants. A diversity of working methods will be used for learning about transnational youth initiative project management and the approaches for efficient teamwork. Different tools and techniques of non-formal methodology that will allow participants to be actively involved in all stages of the exchange. Intercultural education using non-formal methods will help participants examine how they interact with other cultures, societies and social groups, and develop more ‘cultural awareness’. As a tangible result participants will develop a leaflet that promote diversity, represent identity, stereotypes.
Thus the objectives of the youth exchange are:
• Promote youth work as a tool for combating discrimination,
• Promotion of intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding through working in a intercultural group
• Promotion of such a values like respect, empathy, diversity, equality, peace
• Encourage participants to the active participation in a civil society, promotion of activism and further cooperation
• foster young people to be active, responsible, enterprising individuals by immersing them in real learning experiences, where they can plan and manage projects, adapt to changes, deal with risk, and acquire problem-solving skills.
• Create a leaflet that promote diversity of cultures as value of the society
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien