Une ouverture sur l'Europe pour lutter contre les ..
Une ouverture sur l'Europe pour lutter contre les difficultés d'apprentissage.
Date du début: 1 juin 2015,
Date de fin: 31 mai 2017
Context and objectives of the project
An island context, economically and socially weakened :
Reunion is a volcanic island of the Indian Ocean, east of Madagascar, which has the status of French oversea department. Some figures: 10 000 kilometers away from France, 2 700 square kilometers, 800 000 inhabitants, 30% of the population being young and about 30 % of the active population being unemployed.
An important part of school population is concerned by social and economical difficulties. Scholarship pupils have few linguistic, family and social landmarks ( conflicts between mother tongue and secondary language: creole and French ). The school is part of the REP ( Réseau de l’Enseignement Prioritaire (REP) which enhances innovative teaching methods to make the school failure drop.
General objectives :
- Creation of a synergy of teaching staff around intercultural subjects in order to improve,
a-our teaching practices to have students open up on the world and above all on Europe,
b-the reception of students from Reunion, Mayotte, the Comoros Islands and other origins in our school,
-Development of new practices so as to improve school performances, remotivate the pupils, reduce dropping out of school and give sense to learning which is sometimes perceived as too didactic and formal,
- Mobilisation of the skills to improve the European classes already existing in the school,
-Promotion of certification in DNL ( Non linguistic subject )for wilful and motivated teachers,
-Provide children with special needs preparing personalised methods adapted to their individual requirements.
Number and profile of the participants :
six middle-school teachers in French, German, Music, History-Geography,art and the ULIS TFC teacher
Improvement of teachers’ linguistic skills in English in specific training courses,
Learning new teaching methods in job shadowing
Project methodology :
- Consultation and identification of needs,
- Meeting of the steering committee,
- Implementation and realization,
- Evaluation and dissemination.
Results and impact expected :
- Creation of a reference group in the school for other teachers interested in new teaching practices,
-Improvement of teachers’ skills facing school failure and truancy,
-Development of eTwinning in classes,
- Encouragement of interdisciplinarity,
-Certification in DNL .
Long-term benefits :
-Better inclusion and academic success ,
- Better international policy of the school,
- Better results at the DNB ( Diplome National du Brevet des Collèges ),
- Better percentage of students going to Highschool,
-Better opening and preparation to European and international mobility in an island context,
- Better awareness of the European citizenship.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien