Un partenariat intergénérationnel au service de la..
Un partenariat intergénérationnel au service de la réussite scolaire
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
We suggest to establish contacts between our five schools and old people’s homes as well as other partners (theaters ...) to motivate students to do better at school. The partnership between the generations should be a starting point to diversify educational activities that stimulate the desire to learn in our students as well as in teachers and the elderly.
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES:
Our goals are to find responses to early school leaving problems, lack of interest in the French language and the lack of student motivation in general by:
- using IT and communication technology as well as the creativity of our students to enable them to express themselves (films, texts, theater ...)
- developing diverse educational approaches
- opening the school to its social environment through retirement homes and theaters
- strengthening social ties for the benefit of both generations, including seniors and students
- developing intercultural social, digital, technical, artistic, literary and linguistic competences of our students and also our teachers
NUMBER AND PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS :
There will be about 30-32 students per school, with 16 to participate in the different trips. The total number of students is between 150 and 160 for the 5 schools. Between 30 and 40 teachers are involved in the project, thus between 4-8 teachers per school. We strive to involve as many students with learning difficulties as well as academically average or good students in order to have diverse and complementary profiles at the same time. We pay special attention to the weakest students including the 20 students with fewer opportunities. The same principle of "diversity" applies to the teachers, covering different disciplines, involving members experienced with European projects as well as those who participate for the first time.
Other people are necessary for the successful completion of our project, such as management and accounting officers in schools as well as the elderly and nursing home staff.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITIES:
Almost all activities involving students and nearly all the results will be in French:
- exchange between seniors and students: interviews, surveys, designing "e-books"
- training activities involving transnational mobility: filmmaking (Luxembourg), reflecting on the "intergenerational" experience with creative writing (Spain), writing plays scenarios inspired by such personal reflections of the students about their contact with old people (France), making costumes with professional help and publishing practical guides about this work (Bulgaria), staging and performing theatrical plays with theater professionals (Italy)
- intercultural exchange and meetings during the mobility
- communication activities: establishing Erasmus+ corners in each school, writing articles for the websites of the schools and the press, creating a website giving access to all documents and project results (REL), Etwinning (TwinSpace) and YouTube (films on activities,) designing a logo of the project, plays presented to a wide audience, writing invitations to these shows
- assessment will be made through an evaluation sheet covering all aspects of the project and allowing the various participants to express themselves
The local coordinators, assisted by a team, coordinate the project at their own school and the Luxembourgian coordinator does the same at his school and at transnational level. Two meetings are scheduled at the beginning and end of the project and five training activities are organized by schools (one per school). A feedback sheet for assessing the project's progress and reacting to potential problems throughout the two years will be provided. Students are at the heart of the project and actively involved. All participants are likely to be "multipliers" in order to transmit the acquired skills.
IMPACTS AND EXPECTED RESULTS:
-among students: strengthening the commitment and motivation for school, the development of basic and overall skills, improving performance at school including French, open-mindedness (intergenerational, European).
-among teachers: adopting diversified teaching methods, improving teamwork, openness, interest in "European" projects.
-in schools: opening to the social, cultural and local environment, creating a system of schools at the European level, improving project management skills.
The activities and results are sufficiently interdisciplinary and comprehensive to allow many students and teachers to participate. Partnerships between schools and retirement homes can easily be perpetuated by similar projects. Partnerships between schools can be continued by the projects, specific activities and mobilities.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien