Transnational exchange of good CLIL practice among..
Transnational exchange of good CLIL practice among European Educational Institutions
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
The project is proposed in accordance with document Education and Training in Europe 2020 which highlights that “ Foreign languages skills can enhance the employability of young people”. This initiative totally fits the target groups of our project which are primary and secondary students. Moreover, the recommendations outlined in Rethinking Education include new criteria of learning foreign languages that are based on a dual approach. Teaching and learning foreign languages may be achieved with the help of innovative methods, including Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) where non-language subjects are taught through the medium of a foreign language. The main objectives of the project are:
1. Setting up essential components of good CLIL practice in the classroom by face-to-face observations
2. Preparing Modular e-trainings course for European CLIL teachers
3. Providing countries with none or less CLIL experience with the essential training and learning opportunities so that they can commence implementing this approach in their schools
4. Training teachers from the project partner countries on CLIL
5. Setting up an open database of class recordings and other teaching and methodological materials for CLIL teachers
6. Collecting research data and conducting comparative analysis of CLIL practice
7. Providing Universities and other public bodies dealing with educational research the results and main conclusions of this project as a possible basis for future research on the topic.
Except the coordinating country (Slovakia, UKF university), there will be another 5 coooperating countries (Spain, Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovak university STU). The project consists of partners from various educational levels - university, educational institutions, and representatives of primary and secondary education. It is the unique partnership of people from theoretical/ implemention institutions on one hand, and on the other one educational institutions where developed issues are applied and evaluated. From other point of view, the strategic partnership involves countries with a vast CLIL experience and also coutries with none or less experience in implementation of CLIL methodology. All partners will be actively involved in activities which will include: observation classes, preparing video recordings of CLIL classes, preparing Modular e-training course, Open CLIL Database and finally, the university partners will prepare Research data collection and comparative analysis.
Moreover, the project is planning to establish a pilot training for teachers from participating countries, which will be provided by CLIL experts. The content of the course will be supported by prepared Modular e-training course with aim to offer it later to wider CLIL community to achieve CLIL competences.
A project results will make a major contribution in several levels:
- to develop positive attitude towards innovative methods within a foreign language teaching,
- to implement foreign languages to non-language subjects ,
- to increase levels of employability and mobility of young people, and poor language skills,
- to enhance the mobility opportunities and recognition of the competencies of young people throughout Europe in the global marketplace. Furthermore, participants will be able to offer an innovative course to their colleagues, widening their educational offering, increasing their penetration to the market and improving their expertise and reputation. They will have the opportunity to apply educational/training practices based on learning outcomes, both in the level of teaching and assessment. This way they will gain experience in order to transform their education system towards practises more suitable for recognition in the EU frameworks.
The main outcome of the project will be a new CLIL web platform addressing major needs of the target audiences of all the institutions involved. By including it to their curriculum they will enrich their educational offerings, addressing the local needs and expectations in an attractive and personalized way. The people who will participate and be involved in the project work will enrich their professional profile adding several competencies concerning multilingual and multicultural course development and teaching along with cooperation and management in a transnational environment. Additionally, they will gain a deep understanding about the competencies recognition system of EU, which will greatly benefit themselves and their students.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien