The Transnational Adult School Prototype
The Transnational Adult School Prototype
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2018
The main objective of this project is to create an experimental and transnational adult school, structured and organized as such, where the participants share responsibilities at all levels: administration and organization of the school, teaching, couselling, students association, etc. The number of participants is 10 and all of them have experience in the field of Adult Education.
The rationale supporting this project lies on the idea of effective cooperation, that is to say, the kind of cooperation that goes a step forward and aims not only for the exchange of ideas, but also for the concept of shared responsibility in a school for adults from different cultures and backgrounds. After having interrupted their education at some points in their lives because of previous failures and/or other personal circumstances, the adult students participating in this project will have the chance to benefit from an added value in their education thanks to the following basic principles: transnational scope, intercultural and interdisciplinary approach aiming for European certification and validation of non-formal education, lifelong learning and development of basic and transversal competences, the use of new technologies in blended education and prevention of school abandonment by means of an innovative approach to education. In this respect, the T.A.S.P. institution will provide guidance and instruction in key competences and content areas, by means of innovative technologies in the area of blended education through Moodle. The creation of this prototype school for adults responds, in the first place, to the necessity for improving the capacities of schools, especially the organizational management, shared in this case, by all the partner institutions. Secondly, the demand for the type of flexibility which is offered through blended education in order to provide a flexible program and prevent drop-outs. Thirdly, the quality of instruction by means of research and implementation of best practices and by means of transnational teaching and learning activities, as well as the development of ICT skills and, finally, the need for counseling and equity from a transnational and intercultural approach.
As any other school, the T.A.S.P. institution will offer courses for the students to develop key competences relevant in adult education such as linguistic competence in the mother tongue and in English, Science and Technology, ICT, learning skills, social and civil competence with an emphasis on European citizenship, entrepreneurial skills, as well as cultural and artistic competence. Besides, the T.A.S.P institution will provide teacher training and student counseling by means of specific departments, as an integrated part of the project, embedded in the regular project activities.
More specific objectives are :
- To contribute to cross-border cooperation by the creation and foundation of a Transnational Adult School Prototype, structured as such (with adminsistrators, instruction departments, teacher training department, counsellor and students association).
- To contribute to improve the quality by creating innovative courses with a basic course curriculum, teaching materials from an intercultural point of view, multimedia and assessment tools.
- To contribute to the development of innovative methods by engaging students and teachers in innovative approaches in blended learning and transnational cooperation with a European dimension during the informative sessions and the registration of new students.
- To develop the students´ basic and transversal competences by means of on-line courses especially designed by the 10 partners, for instruction in areas such as Foreing Language, Comparative Grammar, Basic English, Science, Arts and Design, European Citizenship Entrepreneurial Skills, Literature, History and Culture , and implemented during two school semesters.
- To contribute to the reduction of drop-outs by means of a research on best practices and students satisfaction so that we determine the best practices and the students´points of view. This line of reserearch will be conducted by observation and questionnaires.
- To contribute to the increase in the number of students who wish to continue their at a higher level by means of the information and support provided by the TASP counsellor and by means of a database created by the 10 partners with information about organizations relevant in each content area as well as Higher Education institutions in different countries.
This project will have a direct impact not only on the students participating in the project, but also in other fields of education thanks to the dissemination plans and the mulitplier events taking place in all the participating countries, in order to present the intellectual outputs.
Accédez au prémier réseau pour la cooperation européenne
Créer un compte
Pour accéder à toutes les informations disponibles