THE PLACE WHERE WE LIVE!
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
In the last years, our schools and educational systems are confronting several problems:
- students need more skills and experience in order to succeed in todays’ employment market;
- the processes mentioned above involve an identity crisis; many people feel like they lost their national identity and they are unable to understand the European identity as a sum of all the national and local identities.
O1: to contribute to the development of a sense of identity at the three levels local-national-European, a key component of an active European citizenship;
O2: to raise the awareness of such a central European value as the diversity –> understanding and appreciating the values and cultural heritage from all the continent;
O3: to use non-formal educational means in fulfilling the objectives of the formal education;
O4: to create an environment for exercising the key-competences, especially language competences (foreign and mother languages), digital skills and learning to learn and to foster the transversal aspect of these skills;
O5: to involve students with few opportunities and with risk of early school leaving in various educational activities in order to improve their responsibility, their self-confidence and their sense of belonging to the school and to the community. These students have to be at least 20% of all the students (both directly and indirectly) involved.
O6: to develop more attractive didactic tools in line with the needs and expectations of the new generations, promoting the interdisciplinary activities;
O7: to revise and to improve the professional profile of the teachers involved;
O8: to promote the transnational dissemination of good practice and innovation in education.
- the decreasing level of sustaining the active citizenship values and the European values in various European countries, in the last years;
- the need to develop a better understanding and assimilation of the diversity of the European identity by the young generations;
- a rising reserve in assuming the local/national values and identities in the same time with (not against!) building a sense of openness to the cultural differences;
- the increasing necessity of the improvement of the language competences for the entire target groups;
- the necessity of confronting the increasing levels of educational failure and early school leaving with innovative tools and concrete opportunities for remaining in the school;
- the improvement of the educational environment -> increasing the satisfaction and motivation in every day activity (for both the students and teachers);
- the openness for the integration of new and innovative methods and practice in teaching;
- the lack of an auxiliary and a course curriculum similar to those of this project;
-the need of improvement in the contribution of non-formal educational activities to the formal education results;
The main results:
R 1. eBook, “THE HISTORY OF THE PLACE WHERE WE LIVE”:
R 2. Multilingual tourist guide, “VISITING MY PLACE OF LIVING”:
R 3. Photo album, “WHAT YOU WOULD LOVE THE MOST IN MY PLACE OF LIVING”:
R 4. COOKERY BOOK:
R 5. CALENDARS:
R 6. PROMOTIONAL TOURISTIC MATERIALS (souvenirs):
R 7. PROJECT WEBSITE:
R 8. FACEBOOK PAGE:
R 9. ETWINNING PROJECT:
R 10. CURRICULA FOR AN OPTIONAL COURSE:
R 11. CURRICULAR AUXILIARY for teaching History, Civics, Counselling and Orientation:
The activities of the project are both learning activities for students and training activities for teachers, including short-term join activities abroad. The students will use their competences and knowledge from History, Civics, Literature, Arts, Geography, Economy, ICT etc. in a cross curricular manner. They will search for the past of their places and they will discover how the places changed during (at least one century) and how these changes shaped the life of the people and how the people shaped the face of the place. They will learn how to valorise their heritage and how the common European heritage is, in fact, built by the values of each place. They will become more confident in their capacities and they will become more connected with and more proud of their city and their school.
Also, the students will learn to “sell” their place in a tourist manner. They will learn how to pay attention to the foreign colleagues and to see what they are looking for and what things could make them come again. They will develop tourist products and they will exhibit them and even sell them in a tourist fair.
The projects also intend to help teachers to share their experiences and to learn from one another. The final products are intended to become didactic tolls for every day activity, and the methods develop to be used again and again in our activity and to repeat the experience of the project with many other students.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien