The benefits of international volunteer workcamps ..
The benefits of international volunteer workcamps in urban areas
Date du début: 1 oct. 2014,
Date de fin: 31 mars 2015
United under the banner of Cotravaux Ile de France, the organisation "Rempart", 'Solidarités Jeunesses', 'Etudes et Chantiers' and 'Concordia', all of which contribute to the organisation of workcamps in the Île de France region, have undertaken to carry out a study aiming to highlight and promote the benefits of international volunteer work camps in urban environments.
The study will focus on the impacts and specific issues of such work camps on a region and its inhabitants as well as on the volunteers who participate.
To date the study has given rise to a number of issues peculiar to work camps in the urban environment. These issues provide us with a stimulus for the preparation of this seminar:
– The evolution of the subject of work camps (heritage/life environment/culture) in urban areas and the diversification of partners (town councils, associations, social landlords)
– The specific features of working with youth services and the question of town councils' engagement with projects (strength of commitment/political vision)
– Organisational constraints in an urban environment (accommodation, tourist attraction etc.)
– The question of local young people's participation and the mobility issues this implies.
– The management and training of work-camp leaders for the specific demands of urban area work camps.
Objectives of the seminar
– To bring together European associations camps.
– To exchange information on the specific projects of each partner organisation.
– To share good practice in relation to the organisation of urban specific problems which arise duri
– To develop and reinforce links between European associations and to consider possible joint projects for the future
Effective exchange during the seminar will be enabled by two facilitators. The seminar's methodology depends upon the experience and active participation of those involved in group discussions, case studies, debates etc.
+ Participants will also visit the site of workcamps close to Paris (a half day)
Working Language: English/French
Target participants: Project coordinators of associations wich organise urban-area workcamps, and possibly project co-ordinators of associations which hope to develop such work camps.
Number of partners sought: 12 to 15 (maximum 20 participants)
Duration: 4 days at the end
Results: The exchanges and conclusions of this seminar will provide the basis for a report to be distributed and exploited in the framework of the study led by Cotravaux Ile de France up until 2016.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien