Teachers’ Professional Development
Date du début: 1 oct. 2015,
Date de fin: 30 sept. 2017
The basic aim is
To reinforce professional development of teachers of students up until 7 years old through an online course, in order to effectively promote positive behaviors in classroom and future school attendance and achievement.
• Educate teachers regarding the processes and methods of teaching.
• Provide teachers with valuable non-formal education methods in working with children towards the promotion of a positive school climate.
• Arm teachers with basic soft skills in order to prepare children to enter and succeed in the classroom.
• Improve teachers’ quality in monitoring and detecting risk factors of school attendance.
• Assist children’s’ self-development and enhance motivation of learning.
Our target groups are: a) preschool teachers b) teachers of first two classes of elementary school (48 teachers totally)
Regarding the activities of the project those include:
• Needs Assessment Survey.
• Interviews with teachers working with children up until 7 years old.
• Desk research regarding teachers’ professional development.
• Focus groups.
• Development of online courses draft.
• Development of online courses electronic environment.
• Distribution of link of online courses.
• Evaluation of final product.
• Dissemination activities such as Roundtables and Final Conference.
Regarding the results of the project we expect:
• The creation of an online course which will be developed during the project from specialized in working with children professionals and non-formal educators. The final product regards an online course that will provide knowledge and techniques regarding early childhood education and learning through play, which aims to promote positive behaviors in classroom and student’s motivation in learning. A mobile application with the activities of the e-platform will also be available to those who work with children up until 7 years old.
The expected impact of the project refers to:
• Participants: “THRIVE”’s direct target group and participants are teachers working with children up until 7 years old who wish to be engaged in adult learning and develop competencies via non-formal learning through online courses, as well as schools and preschool structures locally/regionally/nationally. The impact for this group will be the development of their learning in terms of the use of non-formal education techniques as a method to improve teaching quality. Moreover teachers will acquire a facilitated tool in order to develop basic teaching competences. Furthermore teachers will enhance their leadership skills and act as a role model for their students, communicating positive behaviors in school. Teachers will be able to improve their capacity to develop new exercises and teaching strategies following non-formal education methodology. Educators will be able to monitor and be aware of warning signs and factors that may intervene in school attendance. Finally teachers’ well-being will be improved too. Through professional development, teachers will feel the support of a tool that will enhance their efficiency and confidence when working with toddlers and children. Enhancing their teaching quality, teachers will become competent to deal with daily challenges occurring within school and preschool structures.
• Participating Organizations: The expected impact on the partner organizations will be direct and will include the development of learning in terms of professional development, non-formal learning, early childhood education and specifically how to combine the three elements, as well as the provision of a new offer for their beneficiaries.
• Target groups: The direct target group, as mentioned above, will benefit in a strong way. Regarding the indirect target group which is children up until 7 years old, those will be able to receive a better quality of education. Students will improve their self-development and learn how to actively participate in learning process. Through non-formal education directed to promoting positive behaviors and active participation, children will succeed to be better prepared in order to enter classroom. The early prevention strategy will positively affect learning to later educational stages too. It will also prevent early school leaving and therefore social inclusion will be promoted.
• Entire Community: “THRIVE” project targets policy makers both domestically and within the EU. “THRIVE” act as supplementary to usual training courses regarding professional development. “THRIVE” consists a cost-effective alternative that facilitates the education of teachers, in case of limitations of time or space. “THRIVE” suggests a linkage of formal education with non-formal education methodology. The project will designate the importance of teachers’ professional development in preventing low school attendance and early school leaving.
Dunstable Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien