Te.D2 - Therapy dog handler: development of a cert..
Te.D2 - Therapy dog handler: development of a certified training course for dog handler in the AAI according to the Ecvet procedures
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
The November 2009 “EU Employment Situation and Social Outlook Report states that The ‘Health and Social Services’ domain constitutes one of the most important sectors for the European economy. This in not only from the size of its share in economic output (5% and 13% of GDP) but also from the level of employment in the sector (about 20 million workers in 2010). In 2009 the sector accounted for value added of over €800 billion. However, value added in the sector differs enormously between the EU-15 and the new member states (NMS) - the NMS represent only 3% of the EU value added. In the EU social services the workforce amounts to roughly 30%. The share is very different across member States. In partners countries the share is less than 20%, while in some old Member States, like Denmark, the share reaches nearly 45 %. Some old Member States also have a relatively low share. In Belgium the share accounts for only 20%. Although major differences are present between countries with respect to the magnitude of long term growth in employment in the sector, all categories of countries have recorded employment growth over the last decade. There are a number of challenges facing health systems in Europe. EU health systems have to perform a difficult balancing act, firstly between increasing demands on health services and restricted supply, and secondly regarding the need to respond to the requirements of different elements of the population (they have to face the challenge of adapting healthcare systems to an ageing population). Ageing populations, new therapeutic possibilities and rising expectations have made the provision of health care much more complex than in the past. The need to be cost effective and reduce hospitalization have become a priority. There is also a new emphasis on prevention rather than treatment. Health professionals must acquire a range of new skills. This project will help by providing trained people to support this new industry whilst helping those at disadvantage by providing training and where possible accreditation, leading to new jobs
The Te.d2 curriculum will be based on standards of the European Qualification Framework for lifelong learning (EQF) accredited according to ECVET parameters.
The activities and results of the project are:
1. research. It will be a full Training Needs Analysis regarding existing supports for dog handlers in each country, review of Existing Literature, interview with 10 Street Traders in each partner country. Result: final report joining the 6 researches
2. adaptation of the curriculum. Translation and adaptation of the Argo course into the different languages and countries partner of the project checking leveled in accordance with ECVET procedures in partner organisations countries and provide leveling at around EQF level 3 and 4 which is workplace level qualifications. Results: 6. Curricula in the 6 partner countries
3. Te.D2 project interactive tool development – development of the interactive dvd to integrate the Te.D2 curriculum. Result: DVD
4. Piloting the Te.D2 curriculm - testing the model in Romania, Italy, Spain, Lithuania, Portugal and Malta. Result: final piloting report
5. Dissemination activities: the project will be disseminated by using the web site, the brochures and dissemination meetings in each country. Results: dedicated web site, information brochures, local dissemination conferences
6. Evaluation and quality control: following the evaluation strategy the project will be monitored and controlled to see that results and activities are developed. Result: evaluation reports.
Target groups are:
• trainers/teachers who will benefit from new and dynamic training materials with a proven track record and the transfer of these materials. The project aims at reaching more or less 60 trainers along the project.
• unemployed people who want to start working in a very active and dynamic domain.
• health care organisation: they may deliver the curriculum to have experts in AAI inside their facilities
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien