Tackling Educational deficits through Arts and Cra..
Tackling Educational deficits through Arts and Crafts based Enterprise Learning
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
The TEACH KA2 Strategic Partnership addressing more than one field of learning is made up of 5 European Countries (UK - Leader, France, Romania and Turkey) who are seeking to work together to develop and test a series of intellectual outputs and materials than can be used to better engage and support disadvantaged learners through the use of traditional arts / crafts and enterprise.
TEACH, a cross field partnership of Adult Education, VET, and Employer bodies will develop innovative education training methodologies and outputs that can better support disadvantaged groups to reconnect with learning, training in developing skills and having fun whilst addressing a multitude of issues that they face personally and professionally.
TEACH will focus on the following objectives:
1) To train educators from across educational sectors (teachers, VET trainers, adult educators)
2) Develop new and innovative training methodologies and training resources around Arts, Crafts and Enterprise that can better meet the needs of our disadvantaged learners
3) Provide an in depth analysis of how the use of arts and crafts linked to enterprise can help the re-integration of disadvantage groups
Through our work we have seen the use of arts and crafts as effective engager to learning for this reason we will examine / test the following themes:
* Lack of learner engagement with traditional learning methods
* Engagement and Empowerment of hard to reach learners
* Use of Arts and Crafts to motivate learning whilst retaining national traditions
* Progression of learning routes for learners
* Use of non formal education around arts and crafts and entrepreneurship
* Social Firms around traditional arts and crafts
By working on these themes we will:
1) Share knowledge with our EU partners through practical and focused arts and crafts based workshops and training activities (Engaging and training learners/trainers in many different art and craft forms)
2) Develop intellectual outputs and materials, toolkit and guidance that demonstrates the use of Arts and Crafts as an 'engager' to education, with pedagogical materials, trainer guidance, lesson plans and a resource portal focused on enterprise
3) Produce a comparative analysis of key art and craft forms and their value in supporting different forms of learning (School, VET, AE and work based skills development) linked to enterprise.
4) Involve learners in producing our project materials and outputs.
TEACH is needed for a number of reasons that are common across our partner countries and more broadly across the EU, they include:
* High levels of unemployment particularly amongst people with little or no formal education and those facing significant deprivation and disadvantaged. These groups have generally been alienated by tradition methods of learning and are reluctant to re-engage with formal learning routes. These groups are at risk of social exclusion, unemployment, low levels of educational attainment, low paid jobs, poverty, deprivation, isolation and dependent on welfare benefits. Data from Eurostat (Quarter 1 2014) indicates:
10.4% of EU citizens are in households with very low work intensity
These people make up the 124.5 million EU citizens at risk of poverty and deprivation. Many of these people are in a constant cycle of benefits, low paid work and have been failed by mainstream education services. These people have never considered education as a way of breaking the cycle of poverty. Many of these people have been failed by a lack of connectivity with education during the school years. These statistics are using children, teenagers, young people, women, older people, people with disabilities, people from minority groups and families that are subjected to low pay, poor health and living on benefits on a long term basis.
TEACH will seek to train educators and develop resources to better engage, empower and work with disadvantaged groups to develop their employability skills using arts and crafts and then to help them develop enterprises where they can sell their good at decent prices to earn a living or have the confidence to re-enter formal education or work.
* The engagement disadvantaged groups helping them to re-enter education through the use of arts / crafts and Enterprise based learning
* Empowering people with low skills to improve their confidence and develop their employability, helping them to find and sustain work or learning opportunities
* Creating learning, teaching methodologies and a series of outputs around arts and crafts / enterprise
* To train cross field educators on arts and craft techniques as well as using and developing social firms and enterprises to support learning this will involve developing solutions for a spectrum learners and trainers
* Sharing best practice on education training techniques on the use of arts, crafts and enterprise based learning across our partnership
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien