s'ouvrir sur un avenir européen
Date du début: 1 juin 2015,
Date de fin: 31 mai 2017
The school group les Deux Rives is situated in Landerneau in Brittany. It is a private school working in association with the state. It consists of a comprehensive school, a general and technological high school as well as a vocational high school and post baccalaureate centre with initial and sandwich courses.
The aim of the school group is for students doing a vocational baccalaureate to get an opportunity to do a one-month training period in companies in Spain, Portugal and England.
These training periods are adapted to the students' profiles. Thanks to them, students increase their chance to get a job as a technician and become more autonomous.
Students are aged 17-20 years old and are from the following fields :
- Vocational baccalaureate in trade for future sales assistants.
- Vocational baccalaureate in electricity to become electricians( working on building sites or in lifts).
- Vocational baccalaureate in painting to become house-painters and decorators ( working with paints, wallpapers and tiles, sheetrock and suspended ceilings).
- Vocational baccalaureate in maintenance (maintaining industrial equipments).
- Vocational baccalaureate in masonry and structural work (working on building sites).
- Vocational baccalaureate in joinery (working in workshops or in houses installing pieces of furniture).
Students do their training periods in year 13 during their fifth mandatory work experience ( four weeks) to validate their vocational baccalaureate.
Students are selected via a meeting and interview process. The final decision is up to the school-board.
Before the training period, preliminary activities are made during individual personalized time:
- A language course in the target language.
- A language course for vocational lexical needs.
- An informative and cultural course.
- Detailed logistical information about the journey.
- A job-seeking training in France and Europe.
- Information about other possibilities on international work experiences.
The activities students must carry out in the company where they would undergo their training periods are regulated thanks to an assessment grid put together by the education department. They are also listed in an agreement between the company and the school beforehand. In addition to the training activities students' language skills and cultural knowledge are also evaluated. Under the name of "mobility" this mark is relevant for passing the vocational baccalaureate. The supervision of the project belongs to the European project coordinator helped by Saint Joseph school-board, vocational subjects teachers, MFL teachers, year 13 form teachers, the school accountant and the school librarian. In order to complete the project all school group teachers are involved as well as other members from education community such as students, students' parents and management employees.
We also count on the support from our professional Spanish, Portuguese and English partners to help us find companies, accommodations, transport and mentoring our students during their stays.
The targeted results for each student after the training period are as follow:
- Getting European certificates.
- A better chance to get a job.
- An enhancement of professional, cultural, personal and language skills.
- An enhancement of involved teachers' training.
Long term results are:
- Getting more and more students interested in future European projects.
- Getting more and more partner-companies involved in the Erasmus + program to welcome more foreign trainees.
- A better publicity for our vocational high school.
- A better cooperation between our high school and the world of work.
- A better cohesion between participating foreign high schools and the development of new projects (a three-month exchange for year-eleven students with our Spanish partners).
In a nutshell, this project has a local, regional and international impact on a professional, educational, social, cultural and language-learning level.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien