Open Mobile Learning Platform for Small and Medium..
Open Mobile Learning Platform for Small and Medium Enterprises
Date du début: 1 oct. 2015,
Date de fin: 30 sept. 2017
Despite the level of unemployment in some EU countries is high (Spain – 25.7%, Portugal – 13.9%, Bulgaria – 11.1%, Czech Republic – 5.8%(source The Statistic Portal, Nov. 2014) a number of industries suffers from a lack of qualified staff. Along with it, the youth unemployment is growing and the employment opportunities for adults over 50’s is decreasing.
A survey conducted by Ernst & Young, Germany, estimates that qualified personnel deficiency causes the lost profits from revenue aspect circa 33 billion euro only in Germany. Particularly affected are SMEs. A weak point for them is the fact a lot of them can’t afford professional HR management, or the firms are placed in non-attractive areas – agricultural regions, small towns or villages, and the like.
The business searches for solutions of the above problems, relying on long term training, paying more attention to older employees, or trying to attract personnel from other countries.
The magnitude of the problem could be estimated taking into account the number of the enterprises in the EU exceeds 25 million. The index of the start-ups is about 10% of that number. The index of the launched in 2009 SMEs and survived within 1 year is about 81%, while the launched in 2005 and survived within 5 years is only about 46% (Eurostat, 2012).
The obvious conclusion is that millions of people across the EU are willing to take the risk and start a new business, but are unable to build a sustainable business model to monetize their technical expertise, mainly due to the lack of appropriate business competencies for the development and survival.
For all these people who have taken the risk to start a business or working for the most common sector - micro, small and medium enterprises, is very hard to interrupt their business activities in order to supplement own competencies. For the unemployed, especially young people and those at the end of their active age, it is a problem to finance a good business training, and there is a lack of VET organizations offering the needed skills in small villages and distant regions. Therefore, the only available access for the affected citizens seems to be training through the modern ICT.
According to eMarketer 196.6 millions of people in Europe own smartphones. The smart phones penetration in a number of EU members exceeds 50% in 2014. Most people in EU, including the youth, have a broadband mobile or fixed internet access and a wide range of mobile devices - smartphones, tablets, laptops, traditional desktop computers, smart TVs, game consoles, etc.
Hence the availability of these facilities creates conditions for the delivery of educational content and training opportunities anywhere at any time. If it is appropriately designed and available, the educational content could be used at the workplace, on public transport or at home.
The Open MLP project objectives are:
1. Building a strategic partnership between educational and business organizations for the development, delivery and usage of educational content for the needs of the today’s global business environment and the business development in the EU
2. Exchange of best practices and programmes on training of business competencies
3. Creation of a sustainable open business model for development of mobile educational content, which will give a possibility for further development after the lifespan of the project and an open access for development of a network of VET providers and other partners in order to become self-financing
4. Development and delivery of educational content and competencies with a focus on SMEs
5. Development of accessible (free) mobile application (app) for the implementation of training programmes on a wide range of modern mobile devices– smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.
6. Development of a standard structure of the educational content, which will be used by the project partners for the implementation of the pilot testing of the programmes and after completion of the project, by other VET and business organizations, students, entrepreneurs and interested parties.
7. Development of a multilingual learning content, accessible for people and companies in the EU in the framework of Erasmus+ programme
8. Implementation of innovative practice for vocational training
9. Creation of available educational content and training for young people through modern mobile devices, which most of them already possess, and the utilization of modern ICT technology in favor of enhancing the professional competencies, entrepreneurship and micro and SMEs
10. Transfer of technology (a free mobile application, an open standard format of educational content) to the interested actors within the EU and all countries participating in Erasmus+
11. Dissemination and exploitation of results
Strategic Partners: 5 organizations from 5 EU Countries with a bilateral representative.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien