Nova znanja za bolje sutra
Date du début: 1 juin 2015,
Date de fin: 31 mai 2017
Transition from regional labour markets to the European labour market has changed the requirements that schools nowadays have to meet. Vocational School should and wants to prepare the students for the European labour market. In order to achieve that, intercultural, language and management competences linked to the management of the EU school projects should be improved. Intercultural competences are nowadays essential because they supplement vocational competences. In order to become a school open to Europe, we should develop all these competences. Besides vocational skills and cultural preparation, language preparation of our students is also very important. We tend to motivate our students for learning foreign languages, so we think that it is crucial that innovative and interesting foreign language teaching methods are introduced to our teachers, too, through various forms of professional training. The teachers should also learn how to use contemporary digital technology, which will be applied in all school subjects, and the new knowledge will be systematically incorporated into school curriculum and educational plans and programmes in order to improve them.
Our school is a vocational school and our students often have problems with acquiring sufficient knowledge of mathematics and foreign languages. These subjects are obligatory subjects tested in the school-leaving matura exam. That is why we would like our teachers of Mathematics, German and English to participate in Job Shadowing. Experienced mentors could help them become familiar with contemporary methods and approaches which they will apply in their work with our students to efficiently motivate them for learning these subjects.
Our school finds it important for our teachers to attend various international courses for professional training together with teachers from other European countries because the European dimension, to which we aspire, can be reached only through mutual conversation and experience exchange during longer training courses.
Our wish is to involve in our projects as many socially deprived students as possible, thus giving them an opportunity for additional education and better employment prospects, which grants our development plan a social dimension. Getting involved in various projects would be a wonderful opportunity to promote not only our school, but also our small but beautiful Međimurje County, our region and the whole of Croatia, the youngest EU member. Only such a comprehensive approach can make our students ready for labour market and Europe.
Project outcomes (project objectives)
- Innovative and interesting teaching methods in all school subjects, especially those used in teaching German, English, Mathematics and ICT.
- Raising the quality of curriculum, educational plans and programmes (syllabus)
- Enhancement of teachers’ language competences which will lead to enhanced students’ language competences
- Enhancement of teachers’ intercultural competences that will be transferred to students
- Enhancement of the management competences linked to the EU school projects, which will result in new projects our school will participate in, with more teachers and students involved in them, and by taking part in these projects, our students’ language and intercultural competences will improve. This will provide a better access to the labour market for them.
The number and the profile of training participants
8 teachers have been appointed to participate in the professional development within this project. All of them would like to improve their professional competences abroad and to expand their intercultural competences. They possess sufficient language competences (English and German), so they are able to follow the work at seminars, courses and demonstration classes, and to participate in discussions. They are ready to transfer the European dimension to other teachers as well as students. They are willing to integrate the European idea into classroom.
- Participation in demonstration classes (German as a foreign language, English, Mathematics and ICT) – 5 teachers
- Information technologies (Web Tools) – 2 teachers
- Participation in the international seminar for the managers of the EU school projects – 1 teacher
Expected project results and outcomes
The participation of our teachers in the above mentioned types of professional training will result in improving the curriculum and the quality of teaching by using interesting and modern methods of teaching, the introduction of modern information technology in education and the implementation of intercultural competencies in teaching. Management competencies of teachers associated with the European school projects will allow European projects to become part of everyday life in our school.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien