Non formal learning about pedagogical methods and ..
Non formal learning about pedagogical methods and project management
Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2016
Non formal learning about pedagogical methods and project management is a multi-actor EVS project that focuses on the employability of youngsters. As local partner organisms of the Department of Meurthe-et-Moselle meet the same need of increasing European openness in their projects, volunteers will be placed in these organisations: secondary schools and the Institute of European Cultural History, in the Château des lumières.
The project objectives:
The aim is to increase the employability of volunteers from different contexts through non formal learning, about pedagogical methods and management.
In agreement with the partners’ organisations, the objectives of the project are:
• To increase European awareness in the volunteers hometown and place of volunteering
• To incite youth participation as a new social value for the volunteer as for the impacted youngsters
• To create an environment for European openness in the secondary schools, the locality and in the sending family and locality
• To develop volunteers competences from the 8 key competences for lifelong learning
• To better attract students to languages thanks to creative materials/ideas developed
• To promote the European Union through languages, and culture
• To promote sustainable development projects through their creativity and individual expressions
Number and profile of participants:
6 volunteers will participate in this project. The profile asked are youngsters who are comfortable with working young people from 11 to 16 years old.
Each volunteer will be placed as following:
• 1 in the secondary school Jules Ferry, in Neuves maisons, Frnace
• 1 in the secondary school Jacques Callot in Neuves Maisons, Fr
• 1 in a mission that takes place in two secondary schools: Embany and Farenc in Dombasle sur Meurthe, Fr
• 1 in a mission that takes place in two secondary schools: "Valcourt" in Toul, Fr, and "Mézières" in Nancy, Fr
• 1 in the secondary school Chopin, and finally
• 1 in the Institute of European Cultural History, in the Château des lumières
The summary of activities in the secondary schools:
• To support secondary schools teachers to create new materials to teach foreigner languages, innovating with creative ideas,
• To prepare school trips
• To raise awareness on responsible consumption
Note: This is not a language assistant position, but a creative support to teachers. Volunteers will never be alone in front of a class or a group
And for the The institute of cultural European history:
• The projection of the institute in an European scope
• The help in the organisation of large scale and small scale events: in summer and weekly
The first month – is dedicated to the cultural and technical accommodation of the volunteers, training and coaching:
The remaining 9 months will focus on the community and target group, and also personal development, during which the volunteers will get actively involved in developing non formal educational activities with the youngsters.
Time is dedicated so they can think about their learning outcoms, debreif their work, learn what they need and for the dissemination. (see time table)
External tutoring and mentoring is ensured by the association CRISTEEL, expertise in EVS and European programs.
Results and impact envisaged:
• First of all, the volunteer will acquire new competences in pedagogic methodologies, administration and competences from the 8 key competences.
• Then, the school team and students should have a better comprehension of the European Union, and a more deep desire to participate in Erasmus+ projects.
• Students will be more interested on learning foreign languages
• Parents and other citizens will be more aware of intercultural exchanges.
• Youngsters from Meurthe-et-Moselle and from the sending organisation’s cities will be more aware and then informed about how to take part of these kind of projects.
• The volunteer must have increased his/hemployability, which will be known thanks to a long term follow up.
Potential longer term benefits:
The department of Meurthe-et-Moselle will become an Erasmu+ education and cultural projects referent.
Further projects might be done with current partners, as with PSOUU because of the topic of work with disabled people (which is one indirect realm of the department) and with the youth centres for another Key action N1, or N3, as they are present in their cities in a local way.
1. Citta di Torino, Italy
2. PSOUU, Poland
3. Youth Information Centre Lower Austria, Austria
4. Consejoven, Spain
5. Department of Meurthe-et-Moselle
Accédez au prémier réseau pour la cooperation européenne
Créer un compte
Pour accéder à toutes les informations disponibles