Mobility of Wood Workers (joiners/carpenters) acro..
Mobility of Wood Workers (joiners/carpenters) across Europe
Date du début: 15 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 14 sept. 2017
In the last years, according to European regulations and recommendations, in each European country the corresponding National Qualifications System has been different, not always having enjoyed the same result in the country, because the methodologies used and developed have not been the same during the System inception.
One of the most important job profiles in the wood working activity is the profile of (a skilled worker in wood who puts doors, stairs etc. into buildings) or CARPENTER (a craftsman in wood, who holds the art of making things from wood), but the skills defined for this job profile are different depending of the country.
The aim of EUROJOINER is to define a European Qualification for this job profile, considering the skills and the activities for this job profile in each country participating in the project.
This project complements other European projects, such as:
- WOOD WORKERS ABROAD “New methodologies and tools to promote the recognition of qualifications for the mobility of workers - wood and furniture sector”(http://www.europeansharedtreasure.eu/detail.php?id_project_base=2012-1-PT1-LEO04-12339),
- WoodPort “Recognition of competences in vocational education and training in formal, non-formal, informal context in wood and furniture sector”( http://www.adam-europe.eu/prj/4431/project_4431_en.pdf) , and
- DEWEBAS “Competence tool for the European wood- and furniture industry”( http://www.adam-europe.eu/prj/5449/project_5449_fr.pdf),
whose aim was to compare some qualifications in the job profile of cabinet maker, joiner and finisher in order to elaborate a recognition system and to establish a database of the wood and furniture sector.
The EUROJOINER project is also complementary to the project Bolster Up “Transparency for Upholstering and Cabinet Making Qualifications and Quality in the European Furniture Industry”( http://www.adam-europe.eu/prj/9919/project_9919_en.pdf). It aimed at creating a sectorial dialogue in the wood and furniture industry. The project compared National Qualifications for upholsterers and cabinet makers, developed two common European job profiles for these jobs and established a framework for Europe-wide recognition.
Within EUROJOINER, partners will standardize the skills for a EUROPEAN JOINER to elaborate a job profile capable to develop an activity or job in each partner country in the upcoming years.
The consortium is related to the wood industry, and it involves, VET Centres related to the wood and furniture sector, a Technology Centre of R&D with experience in the development of wood and furniture Spanish qualifications, and a Consortium with a lot of projects focusing on vocational training and education:
• AIDIMA, www.aidima.es, the Technology Institute for Furniture, Wood, Packaging and related Industries from Spain.
• CFPIMM, www.cfpimm.pt , the Vocational Training Centre of Wood and Furniture Industries from Portugal.
• AMLEDO &CO, www.amledo.com/en, specialized in projects focusing on education and labor market issues from Sweden.
• CIPFP Catarroja, www.fpcatarroja.com , a VETCentre in the wood and furniture industry from Spain.
• KAISERY OSB Metem, www.osbmetem.meb.k12.tr, VET centre from Turkey.
• Opleidings Centrum Hout -Centre de Formation Bois, www.och-cfb.be, vocational training from Holland
• HMC college, www.hmcollege.nl, for wood, furniture and interiors from Belgium
To elaborate this qualification, partners will elaborate a mapping to compile the knowledge and activities related to this job profile in each country, will analyze and propose a new common qualification for all partners countries. In relation to current workers and future workers with the skills defined in the project, they will benefit from more mobility and possibilities to work in other countries.
Once defined the skills, partners will elaborate an e-learning material related with them.
Another tangible result of this project will be a self-evaluation system, to assess workers whether they have the competencies defined in the project or not, with the sole aim to work as a EUROPEAN JOINER.
The impact envisaged is multiple. With the project results we will standardize one or the more important job profile in the wood working sector, these results will be important for the VET centres to adapt their curricula to this European job profile.
The current and future workers with these skills will be able to work in different countries as a joiners or carpenters.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien