Mastermind Europe - Master's admission for a diver..
Mastermind Europe - Master's admission for a diverse international classroom
Date du début: 1 sept. 2014,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
Mastermind Europe will produce a Package of Guiding Tools and a Pool of Experts for Master's coordinators in Europe who want to adapt their admission practice towards a competency-based assessment in addition to current practice of recognition of diplomas. Master´s coordinators want this because of the increasing diversity of applicants and students in academic, national and cultural background, through intra-European mobility and inflow of students from outside the European Higher Education Area.
The Package and Pool will developed in an integrated process with regional Focus groups of 64 - 108 Master's coordinators who are eager to pilot with changing Master's admission practice. The evidence base on increasing diversity in Master´s admission and the need for compentency-based admission.
Key outcomes of the project:
I. Package of Tools, integrated with III Pilot experience through Focus groups
1. Explanatory note on the paradigms of Recognition and competency-based selection in Master’s admission
2. Guiding tool on requirements in Subject specific knowledge and skills
3. Guiding tool on requirements in General academic competencies & potential
4. Guiding tool on requirements in Personal characteristics
5. Guiding tool on choice of Assessment mechanisms
6. Guiding tool on choice of Automated Graduate Admission-Enrolment Management systems
II. Strengthened Evidence base
1. Report on the degree of restrictiveness of Master’s level admissions to ‘outsiders’
2. Report & analysis on categories of admission criteria and tests
3. Report on legal and regulatory obstacles to selective admissions at Master’s level
4. Report on the perceptions of students on Master’s admission processes
III. Pilot experience through Focus Groups, integrated with I Package of Tools:
Between 80 and 100 Master’s programmes have made specific plans to adapt their admission process
1. Two times between 8 and 10 Master´s in Southwest Europe
2. Two times between 8 and 10 Master´s in Northern Europe
3. Two times between 8 and 10 Master´s in Western Europe
4. Two times between 8 and 10 Master´s in South-eastern Europe
1. Website with tools and information on competency-based Master’s admission in Europe
2. Pool of experts for on-call support in adaptation of admission at individual Master’s programme level
V. Multiplier events
1. International seminar to share & disseminate the results of the project
2. Embedded dissemination events (sessions at conferences like EAIE, EUA, Utrecht Network etc. )
Sustainability of the results is guaranteed through the selffunding services set in place during the project and through the broad coalition of universities, associations and companies.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien