Light your rights: Reveal the social value of yout..
Light your rights: Reveal the social value of youth work
Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 31 déc. 2015
The seminar “Light your Rights: Reveal the Social Value of Youth Work” is a jointly activity of Youth Express Network (Y-E-N) and ROOTS & ROUTES network (R&R). It will gather 25 participants, representatives of 17 partner organisations, from 9 different countries (Cyprus, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Romania, Spain, Turkey). This activity will be held from 20th to 27th September 2015, in Mollina, Spain, during the 16th Edition of the University on Youth and Development (UYD). The aim of the seminar is to support the access to social rights for all young people and to promote the social value of youth work.
The main objectives are:
- To identify mechanisms of social inclusion that already exists or can work in young people’s local reality;
- To empower young people to know their rights and youth/social workers to support them to defend these rights;
- To raise awareness on the impact of youth work as a tool to actively promote social inclusion;
- Equip young people and youth/social workers with artistic and communication tools to campaign for social inclusion of young people on-line and off-line.
The seminar “Light your Rights: Reveal the Social Value of Youth Work” is designed for young people, volunteers and youth / social workers active in the field of social inclusion. The activity is one of the support measures of the campaign “Inclusion Express”, launched in November 2014 and aiming at informing young people about their social rights and at supporting youth/social workers to defend these rights and advocate for inclusive youth policies in Europe.
During the activity we will work on the topic of social inclusion through the prism of young people who face exclusion and/or youth workers who work with them. We will focus on access to social rights, social inclusion/exclusion, youth work and information. Thanks to the long-term expertise of ROOTS & ROUTES on the use of arts to foster social inclusion, we will be able to use artistic tools and channels to work in-depth on the topic and to give a bigger scope to our message: access to social rights to all young people.
Our working methods will be based on non-formal education approach. Active participation will be strongly encouraged.
The programme will have 4 main focuses:
1) Introduction and group building (day1)
2) Social Inclusion, Access to Social Rights, Youth Work (day 1 and 2)
3) Art as a tool to foster Social Inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities - Theory, good practices, development, product, debriefing + Information (days 3, 4, 5)
5) Planning of future activities; personal and professional action plan; group strategy to disseminate the results of the seminar; evaluation; (Day 6)
We will produce and disseminate an artistic product on social inclusion of young people, related to their access to fundamental and social rights. It will also contribute to give visibility and recognition to youth work. We also plan, in more long-term, the mainstreaming of our results: we hope to convince desion-makers to adopt the experiences and results from our project to use them in local, regional, European policies, systems or practices.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien