Let the children change the world - teaching and l..
Let the children change the world - teaching and learning tolerance and values from preschool on
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2018
"Let the children change the world - teaching and learning tolerance and values from preschool on" is a three year project, in which five preschools from Sweden, Estonia, Italy, Norway and Poland will colaborate in order to improve the preschools' teaching methods and educational environments to promote human rights and combat discrimination. We want to contribute to a decrease of discrimination in our societies, by directing our attention to small children, to how we teach and how they learn, to examine our attitudes and our educational environments; and by changing our preschools in a manner that will promote all individuals’ equal value regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, gender identity or gender expression and disability.
The needs to be address in this project are
- to develop the staff members’ knowledge and skills in the area
- to develop teaching methods adapted to small children
- to create learning environments that promote inclusion and respect for human rights
- to develop methods for including families in the work
- to achieve goals in the national curriculum’s aims for preschool education
- to actively work with values
- to treat all parents, regardless of their background, in a respectful manner
- to raise our children’s awareness of diversity in our societies
Our project is mainly teacher oriented, although children of the participating preschools’ will be directly involved in the local project activities.
- to create educational environments in the preschools (facilities, materials, teaching methods etc.) that promote every individual’s human rights, regardless ethnic background, race, skin color or nationality, religious belief, sexual orientation, gender, disabilities or age
- to increase the children’s tolerance for diversity and respect for human rights
- to increase the teachers’ self-confidence concerning teaching children within the theme of the project
- to increase teachers’ teaching skills concerning the theme of the project by exchanging experiences and knowledge
- to equip teachers with useful tools to address and manage the different situations of intolerance based on all the grounds of discrimination
- to increase parents’ participation in activities connected to the project topic
The objectives we will achieve by:
- exchanging best practices within each of the grounds of discrimination, test them in different cultural contexts and then adapt them to a European level. The results will be documented and compiled into a digital Method Guide, to be spread to other preschools in Europe. The best practices will also consider parents involvement in preschools’ work
- putting activities into evaluation by the other partners. The partners will critically view each activity and share their opinions with the originators.
- setting up criteria that will help us examine different preschool environments and let us discover if we have e.g. discriminating toys, indoor and outdoor surroundings, official documents, teaching materials, books and apps that we haven’t thought of before.
- involving parents in the project work
We estimate that approx. 1000 children and their parents and 250 teachers in our preschools will be affected by the project. Furthermore we expect the project to have an impact on educational settings of other schools and preschools (locally, regionally and nationally), who will be able to use the outputs of the project.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien