“Let's EAT together, Everybody Around the Table “
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
Our Project “Let’s EAT together, Everybody Around the Table” units six European nursery schools from France, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Latvia, Greece, who had chosen to work together in order to give their school a European dimension and to improve their practice.
This project leads to develop in children and strengthen in those who educate them, the culture of healthy eating habits as part of the healthy lifestyle that they will carry throughout life .
The project will allow a better knowledge of the specific culture and an enrichment through the discovery of the diversities of traditions in healthy food nationally and locally. It gives the opportunity to young children and teachers, to enforce their European identity, by introducing the participants to other European culture of healthy attitudes.
It also aims to built an active european citizenship. The manner in which the project is carried out, will require the pupils with the knowledge, attitudes and skills they need to become happy, healthy and productive adults for tomorrow’s world of integration, able to cooperate, collaborate with other generations and societies, in the future European context.
The programming of activities spreading over the time will give the opportunity to pupils and teachers from different countries to cooperate in the construction of knowledge and common and assessable skills refering to the European base .
Working on eating habits allows to adopt an interdisciplinary approach that provides a real life context . The activities such as cooking, shopping, growing plants will provide wonderful opportunities for learning and will develop a lot of skills in vital curriculum areas : mother tongue, sciences, foreign language , arts, literature.
Some complementary activities have been planned to learn more about healthy ways of life through songs, games, competition, poems, stories, pictures, drawings, role playing, meetings with doctors, nurses, dentists etc.
Pupils and teachers will work in subjects, with goal to build together project products. Exchanging ideas, they will have an opportunity to discover one another, develop positive attitudes in every situation, develop friendships and come to an understanding of the differences and similarities in the field of healthy eating habits and food .
Working in team with planned objectives allows also to develop other important citizenship skills helping them become sociable, tolerant, responsible, confident .
Each of the participant schools will :
- develop the project’s common website by using web2.0 tools to publish and share products such as recipe book, calender, story book, brochure...all individual and common works, project meetings and evaluations,
- drive a quantitative and qualitative evaluation trough a questionnaire about eating habits for typical breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- organise seminars and events such as health day, exhibitions which will be held by engaging the local community .
- create a photo album collecting cultural materials during the mobilities and activities in different countries to allow to our young pupils to see Europe through the eyes of a mascot, as our children are too young to travel .
Expected benefits for pupils :
- learn by doing and pay more attention to the food they eat
- be aware of consumption, buy fair trade , resist to advertising , learn to choose what to buy on the market and be responsible
- be aware of once body and well care it through good eating habits, sleeping, doing sport and physical activities
- acquire good eating habits and avoid bad eating habits as much as they can
- discover how the children in other countries are eating and exercising
- establish a positive approach to cultural diversities among teachers, students and parents by creating a team spirit among all partner countries by means of full cooperation and effective communication
- improve their skills in all the compulsary subjects such as Arts, Drama, Music, Physical Education, Mother Tongue, ICT, Sciences.
Foreign Language :
- develop especially communicative skills and ICT skills
Expected impacts on teachers :
- discover other European countries and cultures
- develop their awareness and knowledge about how to lead a healthy life
- give them opportunities for effective professional development and curriculum enrichment
- develop their knowledge in the specific field of early teaching and young pupils education
- teach them to share knowledge and disseminate good practices
- increase the use of foreign languages
- promote the use of ITC and medias education
- promote good teaching methods, in pedagogical approaches and school management by breaking borders
Expected effects on our related partners and the whole community in our local context :
- improve the quality and the image of our school given them a European dimension
- disseminate openmindness in direction to Europe
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien