Learn more about worker co-op
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
Echoing the action plan "Entrepreneurship 2020" of the European Union, the project LEARN MORE ABOUT WORKER CO-OP (L-M-A-W Co-op) aims at arousing 15 to 20 year young people and their teachers’ curiostity on cooperative entrepreneurship, based on the involvement of employees, equitable sharing of power and earnings, and participative management.
The project brings together five partners from four countries (France, Belgium, Spain, Italy) : two partners representing the co-operative economy, two partners representing education and training, and a cooperative media :
- the National Federation of Scop– worker co-operative company - (France), leader, mainly coordinates and leads the network of the 2 300 SCOP and SCIC in France (46,000 employees) - €4 billion in sales). It works in strong partnership with 13 regional unions;
- Cecop (Belgium) is the European Federation of worker co-ops. It has members in 15 European countries. The 26 members of Cecop affiliate over 50,000 companies employing 1.5 million workers and generating a consolidated turnover of 50 billion euros;
- the Escuela de economía social (Spain), Andalusian School of Social Economy, meets the training needs, research and development programs to improve the performance of the social economy sector in Andalusia;
- IRECOOP Training Centre of Cooperatives of Emilia Romagna (Italy), established to meet the training needs of regional cooperative enterprises;
- the Scop Alternatives Economiques (France) publishes the Frenche monthly magazine Alternatives Economiques, that deals with economic and social issues. It publishes 90,000 copies per monthand has nearly 70,000 subscribers, most of them being high school and university students, and teachers of economic and social sectors.
The project, implemented thanks to the competencies of the partners and suppliers, and with the participation of the final users, will take several forms:
- a 4 or 5 web series episodes through which young European co testify to their practices and common issues : a comparative perspective on worker co-operatives in Europe.
- a website with additional content on principles, origins, current and development of worker co-operatives.
- educational modules adapted to the needs and methods of teachers to educate and raise awareness of young people in this business model.
- several dissemination events and communication actions.
The project will reach a very large audience of more than 6.5 million people in several countries of the EU. The tools created will be widely disseminated through the regional, national and european networks of each partner, and to the audience of the French magazine Alternatives Economiques.
Planned over a period of 24 months (09.01.2015 to 09.01.2017), the project aims to create the first European reference site for teachers, pupils and students wishing to discover the worker cooperatives.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien