Launching our CO3 Erasmus Satellite: COmmunity eng..
Launching our CO3 Erasmus Satellite: COmmunity engagement from schools, COnnecting knowledge and real world, COmunnicating European youth
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
A) WHY ARE WE IN ?
Our innovative project has a threefold objective which is focused on two goals. On the one hand, we are focused on promoting SOCIAL ENTERPRENEURSHIP as a motivation tool to get students involved in their communities and to develop innovative solutions aimed at addressing social problems that surround them. Also as a tool to increase their autonomy, growth mindset and self-esteem since they are taking part in a COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT learning process whereby they connect their learning, with3. the reality that surrounds them, in other words, they see the purpose of their learning and they use it to make a change, to improve it; they become THOUGHTFUL AND COMMITED CITIZENS OF THEIR COMMUNITY. On the other hand, we are focused on increasing student’s language skills by applying a CLIL methodology in which students learn the language through the content by using topics that they are familiar with and in this way they pay more attention to details that they would otherwise miss. In this regard, we have launched new initiatives bound to improve Europe’s educational system and to give effective answers.
The threefold objective is as follows:
1. COmmunity Engagement from schools or service learning as a means to combine learning goals and community service in ways that can enhance both student growth and the common good.
2. COnnecting student’s skills in their real world by integrating meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities
3. COmmunicating Europe by helping young people to improve their skills through studying and training abroad and by helping education and training institutions to innovate and modernise.
B) HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET INVOLVED?
To fulfil our mission and objectives we are launching our CO3 ERASMUS SATELLITE into space that will set out 5 innovative programmes aimed to improve our educational system and to combine learning goals and community service in ways that can enhance both student growth and the common good. This satellite will enable us to develop the 5 programmes that will be carried out in our schools throughout Europe. During the first year all the European partners will be in charge of working in the coordination of the 5 programmes in their country but by beginning of the second year of the Erasmus + programme each European partner will be responsible for one programme depending on tracking results of the first year and determining which fits best to be in charge of one of the 5 programmes for a more efficiently accomplishment of the objectives.
C) WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?
1. ARCHITECTURE AND RECYCLING
- Objective: students will be able to engage directly with the school resources and facilities by analyzing the needs of new spaces at school.
2. EUROPEAN LANGUAGES LAB:
- Objective: students will be able to actively participate in language learning and teaching programme by exchanging their linguistic experiences with their European partners.
3. CAREER ADVISORY:
- Objective: students will be able to foster a school job search providing students with a range of valuable job offers, European competition, contests, grants and scholarships that match students and graduates looking for work with employers looking for young talent. Also it offers lots of useful advices on applications: how to write a successful CV, covering letter, career advisory, etc.
In this regard, students can learn about departments in a company, write CVs , offer products, services, apply for grants.
4. SOCIAL ACTION:
- Objectives: students will be able to raise community awareness of problems concerning their social environment and suggest possible solutions.
5. HEALTHY LIFE PROJECT:
- Objective: students will be able to promote healthy lifestyle choices and organize workshops and events to provide students with tools and skills to improve their health and well-being.
During the development of the projects, we are going to share ideas, opinions, results, impact and viewpoints in our Erasmus + Twinspace . This project is aimed at inspiring our students to become the protagonists of their learning and the captains of their lives.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien