Las Otras Orillas (The other shores)
Date du début: 31 déc. 2015,
Date de fin: 30 déc. 2016
Aware of the importance of cultural heritage; curious to search the contribution that cultural interaction gives, to the formation of civilizations in the whole world and especially in Europe; willing to find answers to the questions such as "How do we influence our environment?" and "How much are we influenced by our environment?"; enthusiastic for cultural interaction by using various forms of art in group works; eager to enrich cultural knowledge and language practice; hopeful to break prejudices and to improve tolerance through meeting and sharing, we have decided to launch this project which responds to our staff's needs and meets the demands of the community.
The coordinator of the project is "Chain" from the Netherlands. Five staff from our school -sensitive to protection of cultural heritage, showing special interest in this topic, interested in seeing concrete examples of cultural interaction, paying much attention to language practice, ready to learn by CLIL method, understanding and speaking English that is the language of the project, enthusiastic to learn Spanish, aiming to get rid of prejudices, able to use ICT tools, open to interaction and sharing- will take part in the project.
As an integrating element cultural heritage that is the central concept regarding content of the project is a perfect vehicle to connect and integrate the various school subjects. The experience that we will have got from this project will be very useful to achieve cooperation of branches and synchronization of curriculum.
European culture is the outcome of interaction, within Europe as well as between Europe and other continents. For a common European curriculum we should focus on the question: "How and where did we, interactively, influence each other culturally?" We have decided to carry out the project "Las Otras Orillas: The Other Shores" with the desire to find answers to the questions above, to see in Sevilla in Andulucia, Spain the concrete examples of the interaction between the other shores.
A key element of the project is joint production by using any form of art in group works.
One of the important aspects of the project is using ICT tools considerably.
CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) method is one of the aims of the project.
In order to implement the project:
* When the project starts a questionnaire including the topics such as European culture, multiculturalism, multilingualism, cultural interaction, prejudice, tolerance, will be given to the staff.
* Participants will do preliminary search on Andulucian and Spanish culture, Arabic-Spanish-English languages.
* Arabian-Andulucian-Spanish cultural interaction will be seen in the original places by museum visits.
* Religious interaction in Andulucia,Spain will be explored by cathedral and mosque visits.
* English and Spanish languages will be practiced by speaking with the partners from other countries.
* Poetry reading sessions will be held in different languages.
* Drama, group work will be done and leadership skills will be improved.
* Spanish culture, part of European culture, especially Andulucian culture and Arab-Muslim influence will be studied.
* Knowledge and ideas about teaching techniques and methods will be exchanged with colleagues from other countries.
* By using CLIL method, both language practice will be done and culture-knowledge exchange will be achieved.
* Innovations in education field will be gained for the school.
* In the field of ICT, media such as photo, video, DVD, movie maker, blog, facebook, e-mail, e-twinning, messenger will be used.
* The project will be disseminated through local newspapers/magazines, seminars, presentations, school web page/blog, bulletin boards.
* Finally, another questionnaire will be given in order to evaluate the acquisitions.
* Participants will be handed international certificates.
Results and impact envisaged:
Participants and the school will acquire:
* international experience
* multiculturalism and multilingualism
* rich language practice
* enriched knowledge and culture
* self confidence
* sensitivity about cultural heritage
* tolerance for other religions and cultures and respect for the sacred
* environmental consciousness
* consciousness and motivation for information exchange
* sensitivity about curriculum synchronization and cooperation of branches
* innovation and practice in ICT field
* consciousness for social commitment
* experience of group leadership
Such handicaps will be overcome:
* prejudices of the staff
* xenophobia (fear of foreigners)
As a result, by means of this project, our institution will gain self confidence; break prejudices and learn to practice tolerance and respect for others; get the idea of multiculturalism and multilingualism; get motivation for European citizenship and European projects.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien