International Youth Volunteering
Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 30 sept. 2016
Through this International Youth Volunteering project, the British Red Cross and our partners successfully provided high quality volunteering placements in the UK for 2 young volunteers from Belgium and Portugal. Our volunteers worked with vulnerable young people, the elderly and refugee and migrant communities on a range of projects thematically linked by a common commitment to the inclusion of vulnerable groups both at a local and a wider community level. Our programme aims were:
- To encourage young people's active citizenship and participation in civil society;
- To facilitate opportunities for young people to develop international friendship and understanding;
- To provide a mechanism for young people to actively contribute to building more resilient communities in Europe through their involvement in service delivery;
- To encourage social inclusion by ensuring participation among disadvantaged youth as well as projects with an inclusion focus;
- To enhance the employability of young people and develop their knowledge and experience of volunteering in the social sector.
Through a range of informal and non-formal learning activities and experiences, volunteers were supported over the course of their placements to take an active role in society, and also to set aside time to focus on their own personal development, self-reflection and learning. Participants took advantage of access to a range of learning and development opportunities to help them to develop skills crucial for future training or employment. Locally, participants were directly involved in service delivery to vulnerable groups in the community. Their contact with community groups who are likely to otherwise have very little contact with people from overseas enabled intercultural learning from the programme to reach beyond the participants themselves. Volunteers were also encouraged to proactively engage with their local communities on issues around European identities and intercultural learning.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien