Interkulturelles Praktikum in Gastronomie und Hote..
Interkulturelles Praktikum in Gastronomie und Hotellerie HLW Köflach 2015
Date du début: 1 juin 2015,
Date de fin: 31 mai 2017
The students of HLW Köflach should fulfill the obligatory practicum in the fields of gastronomy, hotel industry, and business enterprise in at least 12 weeks between the 3rd and 4th Year in Austria or abroad.
The possibilities of working in a station abroad include:
• Immersion and improvement of language skills
• Close contact to a foreign culture and experiences of everyday life
• Getting to know international work markets and the mobility of the EU
• Increased abilities in management and strategies of internationalization
• Strengthened teamwork with partners from other countries
• A modern, dynamic, engaged, and professional performance within the organization
• The readiness to adapt new methods in daily activities
• Openness for cooperation with institutes from varying fields
• Promoting the tolerance and appreciation of other cultures
• Potential work in an international team with one or more foreign languages
The students will acquaint themselves with the benefits of the EU and in so doing, receive a positive outlook on the European community’s collaboration. The mobility within the EU promotes personal development as well as key qualifications such as being a team player, independence, creativity, and social competence.
The practicum abroad increases the learning performance and raises the employability and upward advancement of the intern in their later professional career. Not only will their initiative and sense of self-worth grow through their active participation from social togetherness, but their foreign language skills and intercultural awareness will as well.
Theoretically, the gained abilities from the practicum will be able to be implemented in the praxis. It will also help to ease the preparation for the pre-examination of the end exams in the subjects of nutrition, gastronomy, and hotel industry. Additionally, it will increase the verbal and intercultural competence as well as core skills such as organization, sense of responsibility, and teamwork and advancement in knowledge of nutrition, cooking, and customer service.
The participants of the project will draw on skills previously learned in school, such as:
• Communication with field-specific vocabulary in their native language as well as three foreign languages
• The independent completion of formal written documents
• Knowledge of economic systems and zones, regional development, and economic structures and processes
• Practical and theoretical knowledge in various artistic fields (music, fine art)
• Application of entrepreneurial skills such as leadership, recognition of economic coherences, and problem solving abilities
• Planning and organization in lodging and care establishments/providers
• Familiarity with legislation and the ability to secure and analyze it
• Basic knowledge in the fields of IT and standard software, including text processing
• Handling of customary work materials and software
• Knowledge of customary groceries, luxury foods, and current nutrition/diet forms
• Creating both regional and international cuisines based on knowledge from studies in nutritional science under ergonomic, hygienic, environmentally friendly, and cost-efficient conditions
• Serving food and drinks as well as the ability to advise guests in their meal and drink choices
• Showing adequate guest oriented service, friendliness, manners, and well-groomed appearance
• Organization of travel and private life, independent work
• Acquiring knowledge of the culture, everyday life, and characteristics of the working world of the guest country
10 students will participate in the project.
The steps of the project are as follows:
• Contact information of previous partners of the school will be provided
• Students will apply independently
• Partner institution will be contacted
• Project partner will register in URF
• Application will be developed and submitted
• Post of the participant will be carried out
• Project partner will encourage and support the intern
• Supervisor will visit the intern
• End report and evaluation will be completed
• Final invoice will be implemented
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien