Date du début: 1 juil. 2015,
Date de fin: 30 nov. 2015
“Improveability” is training course developed on the following premises:
• unemployment is the key burning issue among young people in Europe
• youth work has been identified as one of the key approaches in dealing with this issue, since it develops competences that cannot be gained elsewhere
• most youth workers are still struggling to understand the link between youth work and employability
• there is a lack of tools (methods, approaches) in linking youth work to employability
• nonformal education offers creative potential to develop new tools that would stay true to your work, but at the same time increase young people’s employability
• nonformal education can equip and empower young people not only for future employment, but also for all aspects of social interaction.
Having all that in mind, the main aim is to strengthen the role of youth work in fighting unemployment of young people through development of new nonformal education tools that would increase their employability.
Specific objectives are:
• To gain understanding of youth work as a powerful tool for empowerment and personal development of young people;
• To share realities of youth work and employability in participants’ communities and approaches that have worked in bringing them together;
• To develop understanding and ability to match needs of young people on one side and job markets on the other;
• To increase ability to asses competences of young people and develop tools that would build up on their existing competences and develop ones that are missing for their future employment;
• To develop practical competencies in designing and applying new tools of nonformal education for employability in youth work;
• To increase the level of creativity, innovation, self confidence and trust in nonformal educational tools;
• To recognise the value and increase the ability to use Erasmus+ programme in increasing the employability of young people;
• To contribute to a long term change in educational approach to employability in youth work field.
“Improveability” is addressed to 26 youth workers, who are dedicated to working with young people in their local reality, have the basic knowledge of facilitation of nonformal learning processes, have a desire to apply their competences in developing new nonformal education tools that would increase the employability of young people and are supported by their respective organisations in applying their competencies and newly developed tools in working with young people.
The beneficiaries of the project will go through an intense nonformal education process, both online (through e-learning units) and during the residential training in order explore in depth the role of youth work in developing employability of young people, acquire the steps required for developing effective nonformal education tools and develop concrete tools in international teams which will be implemented, tested and evaluated during the training itself and later on added to the international toolbox of methods.
At the end of the project, we expect to improve the knowledge, skills and attitudes of the participants to be better prepared to support young people in recognising the link between competencies gained through youth work and their employability. We also expected that they will have more confidence to experiment with different tools and approaches to developing competencies for employability of young people they are working with. By improving our participants' competencies, we are improving their future practice and thus impacting positively on the work of their organisations. Partners of this project are implementing number of youth work activities, and we expect that their project quality will be improved by using new tools that will acknowledge efforts of youth work in increasing employability of young people, which will give them new confidence in working with youngsters. In turn, we believe that these new approaches will attract more young people to partner organisations. N addition, partner organisations will use new possibilities offered by Erasmus+ programme. Finally, it is expected that young people, beneficiaries of partner organisations, should benefit from increased employability. They will have new tools that would help them recognise and develop their competences and link them to their employability and advantage on the labour market.
We expect that the long term benefits of this project will be giving confidence to youth workers to help young people increase their employability through youth work, as well as more innovative and creative tools for facilitating learning and increasing competencies of young people available in European youth field.
Gloucester Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Bristol/Bath area
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien