I AM because YOU ARE
Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 30 avr. 2016
Recent unfortunate events on the international arena have raised the attention and concern of the partners organizations involved in the current project. Our primary motivation for designing a training on this topic is the multicultural aspect of all our organizations: we are all part of broader international networks, we all host international volunteers and we all provide services for local minority groups and we have all encountered cultural boundaries in our work in supporting both our volunteers and our beneficiaries. Therefore, we have identified this common need for a better understanding of concepts and values such as freedom of speech, democratic liberties, human rights, equality, non-violent communication, peacebuilding, multiculturality and critical thinking. We believe that although these values are on the lips of every European citizen, somehow the real meaning and understanding of them might still be unclear, there still is a great deal of uncertainty regarding the way these values should be put into practice, leading to hate behaviors, discrimination, xenophobia and interpersonal conflicts.
I AM because YOU ARE was a 7 days (except the travelling days) training course designed for 28 youth workers from 7 different organizations from Europe. The training was held in Baia Mare, Romania between 14-22 March 2016, the main organizer being Federatia YMCA Romania with partners from Macedonia, Bulgaria, Italy, Ukraine, Serbia, Albania.
- to improve the skills and key competences of young people, intercultural dialogue, social inclusion through learning mobility of those actively involved in youth work and youth organizations through strengthened links between youth field and labor market;
- to foster quality improvements in youth work through enhanced cooperation between youth organization and other stakeholders
- to enhance the international dimension of youth activities and the role of youth workers and organizations as support structures in complementarity with EU`s external action, in particular through the promotion of mobility and cooperation between organizations from Program countries and Partner countries and international organizations and through targeted capacity building in Partner countries.
Profile of participants: 28 youth workers active in their associations working closely with youth or with minorities
This training program was designed to promote, teach and develop values such as acceptance, equality, tolerance, commitment, engagement, care, compassion and empathy. During this training participants acquired a set of skills and competences that will contribute to their work in cultural diversity contexts where acts of discrimination still occur, human rights are not always respected and democratic values and principles are misunderstood or not put into practice: human rights and values, critical thinking, peace-building, non violent communication, media graphic facilitation, intercultural leaning.
Methods used in the training: holistic learning, open ended and cooperative learning, experiential learning, playing to learn and learning to play, simulations, role plays, coaching, Graphic facilitation workshop, energizers, lectures and debates, a class divided method, human library, Socratic Circle , debate, workshops, debriefs, reflective sharing, evaluation.
- 28 participants trained in human rights&values, critical thinking, peace-buiding, non violent communication, graphic facilitation
- 7 organizations having more qualified and trained youth workers, leaders
- media products: 1 video of the project ( done by the team) , promotional materials ( 1 banner, 28 t-shirts, 28 folders, water bottles with logo of project and Program )
- the cartoons/comics created on the big card boards by participants ( were exposed in different public spaces in the town and in our headquarters which is visited weekly by a lot of people.
- 1 animation video created after the cartoons/comics made by participants
- local partners ( stakeholders) involved in the open day : at least 20
- media coverage( newspaper, online, TV) : 5
- 20 young people , volunteers, staff, leaders from Baia Mare community trained after using the methods and technic and results of I AM because YOU ARE training
- 8 post training events implemented in the 7 partner countries involving 180 people- children, teenagers, young adults, adults
- a multimedia manual containing activities done during the training, post training events, testimonials, videos, photo albums, etc.
Through this training we offered a sustainable working tools for all youth workers and organisations participating, in order to help their work with partners, volunteers and beneficiaries in the context of human rights, democracy and equality. Through this project we raised the quality of the youth work of the people involved and partner organizations, they have now more tools and skills in order to implement it in their programs.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien