Family Trainer International - Network to empower ..
Family Trainer International - Network to empower families at risk and single parents
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2018
The objective of the strategic partnership "Family Trainer International - Network to empower families and single parents" is to
strengthen the target group of disadvantaged families and single parents trough a qualification of social workers and volunteers
working in the social sector to facilitate an equitable participation in social, cultural and political life in a national and transnational
The “Family trainer international” works according to the motto: “spot and strengthen the strengths”
The project “Family Trainer International” therefore effects different social structures on different educational levels. It takes action
on with the heterogeneous and challenging field of working with disadvantaged families and single parents, in the sector of
advanced training and qualification for qualified employees and volunteers in the social sector and also embraces the political level.
• The seven partner organizations already work with families and single parents so far mainly on a local base and strive to expand
and intensify the approach
• All partners are non-profit organizations which want to offer high-quality formats to families / single parents that due to the
economic difficulties of the target group can only cost little.
• Furthermore, all partners operate in the field of (non-formal) education and social work.
• Connections to the regional family policy
These priorities will be combined to the strategic partnership and are the build the base of the project work together.
For three years the coordinating organization works with so-called voluntary "family leaders". This approach has proved to be
sustainable in the national context and meets with great interest of our partners, especially abroad.
The project strategy allots first of all the conception of the training curriculum "Family Trainer International". In that training course
there will be 28 multipliers from all partner organizations and 2 trainers participating. In the theoretical part features of the target
group, socio-educational basics and d methodological approaches will be taught and steadied.
In the start of the training a discussion of the term "families" in various characteristics will be stimulated, needs of the target group
will be derived and ways of integration will be defined. Studies show that "family is still the important center of life for people.
Different countries all over Europe agree on that value system."
Other contents are:
- the legal system to work with the target group on a country comparison level;
- communication and crisis management especially in the area of family work;
- planning template for family work in theory and methodically application
- concrete methods of non-formal learning that apply for the work with parents and kids together
- portfolio of appropriate methods
- Intercultural training flanks the entire training, ( tools for bridging the language barriers)
The theoretical part is followed by two practical modules in which the multipliers will apply the theoretical basics. Families and
single parents are actively involved in the two modules .
All the results of the training mobilities lead to the publishing of a training manual, translated in every language of the participant
countries to perpetuate and disseminate the knowledge. This also enables a transnational adaptation of the training curriculum.
We are aware that lobbying is essential for a sustainable improvement of the situation of the target group. The political level will
therefore be involved from the beginning of the project. The project partners will initially establish contacts to multipliers in the
regional family policy. The variety of activities (described in the application) leads to a strategic multipliers event and to the
agreement on common guidelines of the subject “inclusion of disadvantaged families and single parents”. Thus, the political
discourse will be stimulated and the perpetuation of lobbying the target group will be supported.
The project structure in the transnational context includes:
• Project meeting “Kick off” ( exchange of good practice and approaches)
• three learning mobilities to test the training curriculum “Family Trainer International” (in theory and practice)
• Multipliers event with politicians (Family politics)
• Final Project meeting ( publication and distribution of the manual /guideline)
The transnational activities are flanked by local actions.
Torpoint Cornwall and Isles of Scilly
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien