Explore yourself through Art
Date du début: 5 août 2015,
Date de fin: 4 févr. 2016
One of the crucial challenges in contemporary Europe are limited possibilities of young people with disabilities and social problems. To be able to develop their full potential it is very important to create a healthy and positive environment for them, which will support them to improve their life.
There are several ways and methods of working with such kind of problems. One that proved to be very successful is the application of artistic forms of expression to solve difficulties with social interaction and communication. Art-making process, creation of something new by your own hands, thoughts and feelings can strongly support personal exploration and development and can give valuable new insights for solving personal difficulties.
Unfortunately, the use of these methodologies is not very widespread in many countries and often doesn't form part of the curriculum for youth workers, especially in EECA region.
The training course "Explore yourself through art" therefore was organized to gather 26 youth workers/leaders from 10 countries and provide them with the opportunity to learn about simple and effective methodologies, which they would be able to apply afterwards in their local context in their work with young people with fewer opportunities.
The objectives of the project were:
• To equip youth worker and leader from Program and EECA partner countries with the competences to use artistic forms of expression in their work with young people with fewer opportunities
• To sum up the methods which can be adapted to different target groups
• To give a chance for the participants to go through a process of self-exploration through art, which will be a necessary base to apply it to their target groups
• To share best practices which participants can bring to their communities
• To form a network among like-minded organizations and individuals with an interest in long-term cooperation in the field of the training
• To develop follow-up projects for young people with fewer opportunities, which will make use of the new knowledge and competences gained during the training
The methodological framework of the training course was based on the approaches and values of non-formal education. The working methods were combining inputs with interactive sessions of different art, music and dance techniques to make best use of the potential of the participant group and to ensure their active involvement. To be able to apply the methods afterwards it was of crucial importance to go through the process by themselves and to have a guided reflection.
The main impact was the competence development of the participating youth workers and through their multiplying effect the improved conditions of their target groups for their personal development. On a long term the project contributed to the increased use of artistic forms of expression in youth work settings with disadvantaged youth, especially in the EECA region
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien