EVS.DOT COM VI
Date du début: 10 août 2015,
Date de fin: 9 déc. 2016
Since 1999 our NGO, Politistiko Ergastiri Agion Omoloyiton, has had experience in youth work within our local neighborhood. Since 2007 it has been involved in European projects (Youth in Action, Life Long Learning) and now in Erasmus + . Building up on its experience and expertise it has reached to a decision that the inter cultural experience and the impact it had on the local community gained through the projects is important. Therefore It has taken the decision of carrying on the successful EVS DOT.COM project by hosting 6 volunteers from 5 different countries within our neighborhood. This success has been acknowledged by the National Agency in Cyprus of the ERASMUS + Youth project in 2014. The project was awarded a prize on the 17th of December 2014.
Through out this project it is aimed that through the exchange of experience amongst young people involved in the activities of the Cultural center and the implication of an international group of volunteers that the Concept of European citizenship and the rights and obligations that derive from it will be more clear and understandable. It is essential that young people are informed but also active citizens in order for the idea and values of the structure of Europe to be enhanced and formulated by the citizens themselves.
Promoting volunteering on the local and international level we have designed and implemented activities and events supporting local organisations in their own needs and programs. Such organisations are the local primary and secondary school, the local church committee and other organisations of social character . We have supported and cooperated with the above organisations for the last years promoting voluntarism.
The objectives which we are seeking to address through out this project are:
• To empower and train EVS Volunteers and Local youth workers in dealing with cultural diversity.
• To encourage EVS Volunteers and Local youth workers to work with concrete aspects of cultural diversity and integration of it in youth work with special focus on how to embrace creativity
• To promote learning and understanding with children with disabilities
• To enhance key competence of the EVS Volunteers and Local youth workers for future international projects and collaborations.
• The project aims to offer an opportunity to EVS volunteers to visit, work, participate in events organized by our NGO for the community. The planning of activities itself has a voluntary character.
• The implication of volunteers from other countries than Cyprus will enhance the goals of tolerance, acceptance and awareness of cultural diversity leading to integration and intercultural experiences.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien