Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 janv. 2016
Youth exchange European cake was an 9-day project, lasting from 04-12.12.2015 and which took place in a small, mountain village in the south of Poland - Wisła. Engaged 32 young people (20 with fewer opportunities due to cultural, social, geographical issues), from 4 European countries: Paland, Turkey, Bulgaria and Italy. Through participation in the project they were able to obtain knowledge of the cultures of other countries and dispel stereotypes exchange through the prism of national cuisines and history / local legends.
The main objective of our organized youth exchange was to strengthen young people's understanding of their own and other cultures, create foundations of common understanding and raise awareness of cultural diversity among young people from 4 different European countries by discovering connections between tradition and storytelling.
In order to achieve the main objective of the project, we have developed the following issues:
- Presentation and familiarize themselves with the culture of our participants through the organization of external intercultural events
- Creation of a booklet containing the traditional recipes
- Develop competence of storytelling
- Presenting storytelling, and the process of cooking as a creative tool for the promotion of culture and the expression on her base
- Stimulate iIntercultural cooperation
- Presentation of Erasmus+ young people and encourage them to participate and benefit from the opportunities offered by the program as intercultural learning;
Nowadays, more and more young people are watching international movies, listen to the same music, eat in restaurants network. During this process, globalization increasingly forget their culture in which they grew up and which shaped them. Our youth exchange focused on the problem of low awareness of their own culture among young people and they try to expand that knowledge.
On the other hand, the diversity of the population is very often perceived as negative, can create such effects as: intolerance, racism, discrimination, xenophobia, anti-semitism. Through the project we created the belief that young people are an extremely important part of the changes, which play an important role in solving these types of problems, which is why we showed through the exchange of diversity, as the birthplace of innovative ideas, as well as facilities where participants can learn from each other and develop the concept of unity in diversity.
Methodology: fully based and derived from non-formal education.
During the youth exchange we conducted the following activities:
- International Cooking workshops
- Create (in international groups) intercultural events in the local community
- Presentation regarding Erasmus + and he offered opportunities for young people
- Visit the local food factory
- Discussions regarding the importance of culture in the countries-participants
- Workshops on storytelling-creation and presentation of scenes
- Create promotional materials
- Sharing stories/ sagas/ legends associated with the culture of the local and national participants
- Working in teams of national
- Working in small teams of international
- Daily refleciotins/ evaluation
Results: The main product of our youth exchange was closely linked to the spread of the results of the project and the idea of participation, it is the booklet containing traditional recipes, presented and found by the project participants.
Through the experience gained in our youth exchange program, participants were able to obtain the skills, new knowledge and change their current attitude.
Skills: first, participants increased their level of skills in preparing traditional meals, acquainted with new techniques and possibilities of their execution. Participants gained organizational skills, in addition to experiencing how the practical management of the project or event. Their creativity was stimulated by prepared, a variety of workshops and activities.
During the activity, participants were persuaded to public speaking. The project was specifically aimed at providing them with the skills associated with storytellings.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien