Equal Life Chances for Youth
Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 1 févr. 2016
This seminar provided opportunities for youth organizations to:
develop a deeper understanding of economic concepts, explore deeper the issues around economic (in)equality, develop their capacity to engage with these issues, promote activism & engagement with policy makers thereby ensuring the participation of young people in civic lives in their projects, communities, countries and wider Europe. We also promoted Erasmsu+ and facilitated project building and development with the programme. We promoted intercultural learning, civil engagement and empowerment of young people.
This international training increased the capacity of youthworkers and young people to engage with policy makers and civil society in addressing these issues.
We ran NFL activities with the participants that helped them to:
Developing their social & civic competences, by:
1) Having a deeper understanding of the concepts and the issues around economic (in)equality .
2) Thus they developed their capacity to engage with these issues
3) They looked at channels of influence (policy makers) and how to engage with them through activism and campaigning
4) Understand how to build a campaign around civic issues
5) Understanding of activism and connecting values to action
6) Examine how to engage young people and sustain that engagement
7) Gain a deeper understanding by sharing and examining the reality in their own country
8) Built on their knowledge of social and political concepts and structures
9) Built on their commitment to active and democratic participation.
10) Built on their ability to work in teams
11) Became more self aware of cultural values and norms
12) Increased communication in a meaningful way on these issues
13) The participants obtained the tools where they feel confident to engage in these subjects
14) Improved their ability to understand and empathize with people who are living with issues around poverty & social marginalisation
15) Acquired new skills, tools & knowledge when it comes to the facilitation of educational activities that have connection with the topic.
16) Got a new perspective of the educational and training work in the field
17) Have shared and implemented this learning with their projects upon their return to their home country.
18) Have explored the Erasmus+ programme in greater detail.
19) Worked on partnership building for future Erasmus+ projects.
We hosted 18 participants from 8 projects and from 6 different countries.
The activities included teambuilding, creative ways of exploring the issues, for example ‘Forum theatre’, World café, partnership building activities and an Erasmus+ workshop.
The methodologies we used were creative, inclusive and participatory.
The results are a deeper knowledge of the issues and challenges of economic (in)equality and the capacity to engage with these issue. Each organisation made concrete plans for local interventions / projects that explore the issues in a local context.
Plans for future co-operation in international projects were made.
The impact were youth workers and their organisations increasing their ability to:
• Implement focused projects with international partners
• Understand how E+ can support these projects
• Know how issues of economic equality & inequality affect young people in participating countries
They are now in a stronger position to be able to implement strategies and programmes for :
• Supporting young people in their own local region and organisation
• Overcoming discrimination of young people
• Empowering young people to active citizenship
• Improving the employability of young people
• Improving the personal development of young people
• Increasing and improving their young people intercultural dialogue,
• Increasing and improving their young peoples' social inclusion
The long term benefits will be a more equal EU benefiting all.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien