Environmental POrtfolio for Quality in University ..
Environmental POrtfolio for Quality in University Education
Date du début: 1 sept. 2014,
Date de fin: 31 août 2016
The project ÉPOQUE promotes a smart specialisation of prospective teachers, scientists and engineers through an environmental portfolio ready to be integrated into the university syllabuses. It creates a new generation of green teachers, green scientists, green engineers in the context of higher education modernisation agenda connected to SMEs and organisations (including schools). This way it aims to change the European policies about the connection of higher education and also adult learning. The ÉPOQUE project builds on the ERASMUS INTENSIVE PROGRAM LIGHT carried out at the coordinating institution for three years. Due to the previous experience, the project has a great impact to the regional development using tertiary education as a vehicle to achieve the Epirus regional priorities for convergence. The project produces a set of courses, comparative studies, teaching manuals and an EnMS for schools.
The partnership consists of 6 different institutions. Coordinator is the University of Ioannina integrating in its strategic planning the Environmental Portfolio and its academic recognition (UOI). Expert in the field of developing environmental university courses for teachers is the University of Helsinki (UOH) through its HENVI Center as well as the Teacher Education Department. Expert in the developing of e-courses and adult learning provider is the Open University of Patras (OUP). Adult learning provider and expert in Quality of Assurance Plans is the BEST. The PiM from Malta provides an EnMS applied for enterprises (including schools). Finally, the University of Naples contributes with the implementation of the University Courses as well as by giving its great experience to integrate tools like an EnMs in formal and informal learning.
Good structures and practices will be exchanged between European North and South. Also, excellent researching groups collaborate to tailor some good Finnish environmental practices to the Mediterranean settings contributing to the regional development and help the countries with the financial crisis to recover. Apart from the formal partners there are many associated partners linked to the project like regional principals, financial agents as commerce, environmental oriented NGOs and, finally, green schools networks.
The ÉPOQUE project activities foreseen are:
• Development of a new joint set of university courses for all participated institutions, focusing to an interdisciplinary and international approach
• Period of “integrated mobility”, where the participated students attend a common course, parts of which are been taught from different partners in/of different countries
• 5 international meetings for the management and the implementation of the project
• 1st pilot period= mixed students’ mobility combined with a set of ten days of real mobility as well as two months of virtual mobility for the preparation and continuity of activities
• 2nd pilot period = course embedded students’ mobility, with internship in enterprises (including schools) and development of a platform for collaboration between students, teachers, companies, for the max exploitation of results and the sustainability of the results beyond the two years and changes update
• Teaching and Lecturing , including the mixed students’ mobility
• Creation of the conditions for the integration of the course into the departments’ curricula, joint degrees or certification
• Dissemination of the results and collaboration for regional development strategic planning with other organisms beyond the project partnership
• International Conference and 5 regional training workshops for the dissemination of the results
For the development of the courses we shall follow the Developmental Work Research (DWR). It is a set of methods developed by a research group led by Yrjö Engeström at University of Helsinki since the 1980s. The purpose of DWR is the collective transformation and development of work, technology, and organizations. Today the main method used in DWR is called Change Laboratory. It contains a set of instruments for both analysing problems, disturbances and ruptures in daily work, and to develop models and ideas for a new work practice.
The direct target group of the project are university students and adult learners, while the indirect one comprises of University professors and trainers. The already established networks of the partners will be used in order to disseminate information on the project at regional, national and European level, building thus a solid basis for the sustainability of the project. These stakeholders are Universities, teachers, scientists, engineers, regional principals, representatives of adult education and VET providers, career counsellors, civil society organisations, policy makers at local and/ or regional level, SMEs, associations, etc.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien