Enhancing Cultural Literacy Through Innovative Pra..
Enhancing Cultural Literacy Through Innovative Practice and Skills in Europe
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
The 'ECLIPSE' is project an innovative project which places the students in the center of the teaching process. As educators from 7 culturally and socio-economically different European and Asian countries, we acknowledge that knowledge is power and in order to close the knowledge gaps, we need to equip our students with the skills and various cultural experiences which in turn will enhance their learning experiences and ensure success in later life. The main objective of project is to contribute to strengthening the involvement of participation of schools at the international level. Its three components include:
(1) Support to the facilitation role among the schools sharing best experiences in order to enhance the opportunities for cooperation and mobility with Partner Countries, notably in the fields of education and youth development.
(2) Enhancing the Educational Systems and help development of our schools. The Project aims at removing artificial boundaries between the various cultures, fostering new ideas and stimulating new forms of cooperation.
(3) Implement and create innovative new approaches to encourage and promote innovation as well as contribute to enhance capacity building in our schools. The Project will be present a challenge to develop social capital among young people and their ability to participate actively in society, in line with the provisions of the Lisbon Treaty to "encourage the participation of young people in democratic life in Europe".
The project adopts a creative approach to the learning theories and the innovation occurs primarily in the delivery of the project’s activities:
1. Forming Erasmus Creative Clubs (ECC) in each partner school, Focus Groups and Debating Society workshops is the first innovative idea because on the one hand it will promote students’ intercultural dialogue, and on the other hand it will also allow them to develop their skills, become independent thinkers and leaders of learning and develop into culturally literate and global productive citizens.
2. Producing a language guide another innovative aspect of The PROJECT in the way that it places students at the center of the teaching process.
3. Using mobile technologies in lessons to support learning is innovative because it allows students to embrace new technologies to support their learning, both in and out of the classroom.
4. A Cultural Literacy Survey is will be instrumental to the project as it will simply focus on developing students’ basic literacy skills as well as develop a core knowledge sequence combined with cross-curricular rich content.
5. Creating a cultural e-book to explore public art, painting exhibitions, history icons, photography of culture and mathematical/scientific cultural exhibitions is another innovative approach which will be developed throughout the project life time and beyond to equip students with a rich cultural core knowledge.
6. Creating a Project website, forum and Blog will certainly help to develop students' skills in this field which are essential in a multicultural setting.
The above mentioned activities will be enriched by student mobilities exchanges and teacher job-shadowing visits to facilitate intercultural dialogue and share good practice.
The project will have a multitude of outcomes and a positive impact on stakeholders in partner schools.
-Have a greater empathy and respect for other cultures and nationalities and to develop a positive attitude towards working with them.
-Students will become more competent,independent and group learners as they research communicate and present to each other and with each other.
-students will recognise the growing threats to the unity of the community and will work at solutions to these problems.
-the manner in which we pursue this Project and the mobilities will create great opportunities for students to work and meet with each other,promoting community cohesion/European citizenship.
-gain an appreciation fort he way that other schools tackle different issues with job-shadowing in a European school and improve their methodical skills of teaching foreign languages,art,history.
-learn and improve their skills of Intercultural Learning Education and foreign language skills .-develop a good foundation for organising Erasmus student Individual Mobility and set relationship with European schools for future projects.
-widen their knowledge on cultural differences in communication styles,etc.
The participating organisatıons,target groups and other relevant stakeholders:
-develop a greater understanding for students,teachers and parents of the creative opportunities available in Europe.
-gain a greater empathy and respect for other cultures and nationalities and to develop a positive attitude towards working with them.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien