Empowerment through Exchange
Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 31 mai 2016
The youth exchange took place in Hyvärilä youth centre, Nurmes, Finland, connecting 51 youngsters from 4 countries as well 2 youth leaders (Ireland had 3) from each participating country. 12 youngsters from each country (Finland, Slovenia, Italy) and 15 from Ireland. The idea of the project came from a Slovenian EVS working in Kuopio, Finland with young people in a youth house. As a result of the experience with the EVS volunteer, the young people expressed a strong interest to arrange a youth exchange, where they could meet more people from other countries. The purpose of the project was to connect youngster between 14 and 18 years old, who have been active in local youth houses and clubs to come together and share experience and ideas for the future cooperation and exploitation of European opportunities.
The objectives of project were: to provide the youngsters better possibilities in future, regarding their international experience in project. The project gave the young people the opportunity to work together and be involved in the process of preparing, implementation and evaluation of the exchange, through which they try to develop their personal skills, knowledge and attitude as listed in the learning outcomes. It provided them with the opportunity to work on their own needs and wishes regarding to exchange and gaining new experiences through action. One of the main objective was also improving youngsters language skills and awareness of other cultures based on the young people’s own wishes. Because youngster cooperated in whole process of exchange, they had the opportunity to develop english language skills, working with youngsters from other countries. In the preparation time, the young people set up a facebook community provide them a kind of a online language course, and also also brought all of them together and giving them the opportunity to start speaking in foreign language.
General flow of the project as it happened:
Preparation stage (August-September 2015):
- skype meetings (online, once in two weeks for youth leaders)
- Facebook group (all participants involved, updating with new informations and ideas)
- "International evenings" in different countries (4 times, where youngsters with their leaders chose countries on which they discuss their culture, look at pictures, preparing the food, listening to music…), preparing for different cultures.
Implementation stage: (26.10-02.11) "Empowerment through exchange" - youth exchange in Hyvärilä youth centre with 48 young people + 2 leaders from each country (4 countries) -the draft programme of this exchange is attatched to the application.
Evaluation stage (after the exchange):
- questionnaire shared though social media
- skype meeting (two weeks after for leaders)
- meeting of youngster in their home country with youth leaders three weeks after the exchange (to discuss about the impact and - start with developing new ideas).
- common blog where youngsters write about their experience before and after the exchange. (blog in english moderate by youth
- leaders, and providing contact for all participants in future).
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien