Empowering Mentorship in No Excuse Slovenia
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 30 nov. 2016
Mentoring is one of the key elements of our youth organizations. Using different methods, mentor strengthens the skills of young activists and teaches them how to becom good, responsible and reliable leader as well as how to become mentor himself in the future. He sets a good example to activists and with his actions reflects the expected behavior in the organization. Mentoring is not a small task. It requires a lot of skills and knowledge snd this is how this project will help. Its aim is to develop a mentorshipscheme within the organization, specifically define the duties of mentors and skills, which a successful mentor should master. In addition we want to give a chance to two volunteers to gain as much experience and skills through the process of developing mentorship scheme and, moreover, acquire as many references that will help them in future with working with young people and at the same time to gain better opportunities in the labor market. We also want to offer an opportunity to our activists, who will also be involved in this project and benefit from its results, as the personal growth of young people and development of their skills are also very important to us.
The main objectives of the project are as follows:
- to strengthen mentorship in Youth Network No Excuse Slovenia and build up a mentorship scheme, which will be sustainable and will meet the needs of youth organizations,
- to offer the possibilities to train and educate in the field of coaching and mentoring to two volunteers, who will implement this knowledge and skills in their home organizations,
- to strengthen the competencies and skills of existing mentors in the organization,
- to define the most important skills at European level between youth and non-governmental organizations, which should be mastered for a successful mentoring of young people and to analyze ways to acquire such skills
- to train two volunteers for carrying out youth events while helping with organizing our annual actions and initiatives,
- to issue a publication on the development of mentoring in youth organizations and thereby extend the products of the project among other youth organizations,
- to organize a small event in Slovenia for Slovenian partner organizations, where the mentorship scheme will be presented and help and support offered to other youth organizations in building mentorship scheme in their organization;
The project will take place from the beginning of September 2015 to end of October 2016 in Slovenia and within it we will carry out a series of activities that will follow the objectives pursued. The two volunteers will be hosted in Slovenia between October 2015 and September 2016.
The project will use methods of non-formal education, because we believe that international youth work represents an incredible incentive for young people to invest in their own development.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien