EMPOWERING DISABLED PERSONS TROUGH COLLABORATIVE L..
EMPOWERING DISABLED PERSONS TROUGH COLLABORATIVE LEARNING
Date du début: 1 sept. 2014,
Date de fin: 31 août 2016
Services for people with disabilities have traditionally been provided in segregated institutions. They are moving from institutional care to community living requires community based services to Supports Model for people with disabilities, offering people with disabilities choice over where and with whom they live and providing the necessary supports for community participation and independently living in the community.
This reorientation changes the roles of service users and providers. Rather than being service ‘recipients’, people become active participants in planning and obtaining the supports they feel will best meet their needs and goals.
These approaches become in the Empowerment of disabled persons, which is the process of enabling people to increase control over their lives, to gain control over the factors and decisions that shape their lives, to increase their resources and qualities and to build capacities to gain access, partners, networks, a voice, in order to gain control.
for proper implementation of the Support Model it is needed to:
• Increase awareness about the usefulness and potential of its exploitation
• Increase cooperation among every stakeholder involved in the Support Network, improving the effectiveness of the actions carried by professionals and families.
• To give harmonized methodologies and tools, based on successful best practices
• To develop practical cases, which enforce the credibility of the Support Model, the skills of professionals an families and Self-esteem of persons with disabilities.
IDIPOWER project proposes the development of an INNOVATIVE collaborative and participatory methodology focused in overcoming the previously mentioned competence limiting factors through the next main bases;
• Learning and joint training of families, professionals and people with disabilities.
• Consideration of the person as the focus of the intervention, and who defines its interests, accompanied by the professionals who design the itinerary of services.
• As a result of the implementation of the methodology, Personal Projects will be developed: based on the interests, needs, abilities and environment of the individual, in order to facilitate their personal promotion and community participation.
the consortium includes:
6 entities working in the field of Support Models for disabled persons, including a big collective of professionals working with disabled persons, persons with disabilities and their families and used to manage awareness and training addressed to professionals, persons with disabilities and their families.
1 Technological Centre specialized in Collaborative Learning methodologies and in the development and application of ICT technologies to facilitate its implementation. This Technological Centre is also used to work with disabled persons according to Quality of Life Criteria.
Through the execution of this Project the next results will be obtained;
• Determination of key success factors and best practices for the implementation of Support Model for disabled persons including the promotion of their autonomy and the collaboration of the whole support community around them, especially families and professionals of disability.
• Development of 1 Collaborative Training Methodology and 1 Set of Tools addressed to disabled persons, familiars and professionals for facilitating the implementation of the Support Model, based on the empowerment of disabled persons and the participation and collaboration of all the support stakeholders.
• Development of 1 e-Collaborative Platform, including awareness and training contents, tools and social applications for boosting the implementation of the collaborative methodology
• Implantation of the Collaborative Training Methodology through direct training actions divided into Workshops addressed to 400 disabled persons, familiars and professionals.
• Creation of 6 Support Units in the participant entities related to disability devoted to the application of the Training Methodology after the completion of the project, with the objective of training about 1.600 disabled persons, familiars and professionals in the period 2017-2020
• Awareness activities at regional and European level addressed to the global stakeholders related to the disability in order to create a multiplier effect
Accédez au prémier réseau pour la cooperation européenne
Créer un compte
Pour accéder à toutes les informations disponibles