ELEVATOR - Efficient movement to the higher qualit..
ELEVATOR - Efficient movement to the higher quality staff and services in tourism for all
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2018
The project focuses on adult education and business development (business competencies) in the field of accessible tourism for all. Name of the project „Elevator“ represents the effort to raise the quality of human resources and services in tourism to a higher, more competitive level.
Tourism for all is an integral part of sustainable, high-quality tourism and in terms of expected trends in tourism and society also a necessary condition for maintaining its competitiveness. It is based on three important values: independence, equity and dignity. Accessibility is not only about physical access to the buildings, a truly accessible tourism product minimises or removes physical, attitudinal, information, financial and other barriers.
The performance of well-trained professionals is fundamental for people with disabilities to be able to participate in the industry. There is still a huge lack of knowledge amongst tourism industry professionals about who are customers with access needs, what do they need, how to treat them and how to organize a visit for them so that they can participate on an equal footing with other tourists as well as low interest in educate themselves in this field.
The aim of the project is to exchange good practices in adult education for accessible tourism and develop and disseminate three innovative intellectual outputs:
1) Comparative analysis of existing tools and conditions for development of competencies for accessible tourism in partners’ countries incl. the suggestion of transferable curriculum with innovative approaches to adult education and vocational training for accessible tourism;
2) Open Educational Resource for Tourist and Travel Guides raising their awareness of requests of tourists with special needs and skills for adaptation of guided tours which allow access and enjoyment for those tourists
3) Accessible tourism guideline presenting in the style of “elevator speech” i.e. briefly, comprehensibly and attractively the substance of accessible tourism, good example and recommendation which could foster tourism providers’ and social entrepreneurs´ mind-sets and take-up of accessible tourism towards tangible actions.
Project participants: partners’ staff (trainers, researchers etc.), tourist guides, teachers/trainers of (accessible) tourism, national/regional/local policy and opinion makers, tourism destination organisation, SMEs providing tourism services etc. – in total ca 200 persons. They will participate in transnational meetings, intellectual output creation and evaluation and in dissemination activities.
Project, which will last 3 years, includes 4 main activities:
1) Project management
2) Transnational meetings with thematic workshop on education for accessible tourism
3) Intellectual output creation and evaluation
4) Multiplier event
In carrying out the project there will be used methodologies such as team/individual work, research and development, quality evaluation and pilot testing, promotion and dissemination, mutual learning, transfer of innovation, cooperation etc. Expected results are primarily above mentioned innovative outputs (available for free on internet in 5 languages) and first-hand knowledge of current practices in education and training for accessible tourism through sharing experiences.
The potential longer term benefits are: better quality, efficiency and relevance of education for accessible tourism, higher attractiveness and interest in education for accessible tourism among training/education and tourism services providers, better access to education in accessible tourism for individual learners, professional development of tourist/travel guides, more accessible tourist destinations and facilities, extended tourism offer and higher involvement of disabled people and seniors in travelling.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien