Education for Peace – Developing Competences for P..
Education for Peace – Developing Competences for Peace Education in the Youth Field
Date du début: 1 nov. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 oct. 2016
Many types of conflicts exist in Europe ranging from social tensions, community conflicts to ethnic and identity-based violent conflict in Eastern Europe, namely in Ukraine and the South Caucasus.
To aid communities and individuals affected by these conflicts, peace education - defined as a holistic, multidisciplinary and transformative process to develop competences in nonviolent conflict transformation, respect for human rights and active participation - is one approach of peace-building measures that aims at strengthening nonviolence and participatory means of conflict transformation to ensure human rights protection, nonviolence and participation as fundamental principles of societal life allowing young people to not only grow up in a peaceful environment without their personal development potentials being jeopardise, but also to contribute conflicts to be addressed nonviolently without making use of direct, structural and cultural violence.
Against this background, the project proposal aims to strengthen the competences of youth workers and youth educators in peace education for young people in order to empower young people to become pro-active agents of peaceful change via local community initiatives addressing societal conflicts.
Therefore, the youth workers and youth educators will participate in two e-learning modules and two training courses in Georgia on conflict transformation, peace education and training delivery. As a result the participants shall be enabled to design, implement and evaluate their own training courses and workshops on peace education for young people in their communities.
Thus, the following objectives have been created in view to the overall aim of the project:
- To qualify new peace educators in planning, delivering and evaluating educational programmes on peace education for young people
- To create new educational materials and activities for peace education programmes for young people
- To trigger transnational partnerships on peace education among youth organisations
The chosen approach of this educational proposal is based on the experiences of a Grundtvig Learning Partnership on mainstreaming peace education and a KA2 project developing a competences framework on peace education in the youth field.
The methods employed in the training course will be non-formal, participatory-based and needs orientated. The facilitators will use exercises amongst others from European training manuals such as Compass, T-Kit and Domino Pack developed by Council of Europe and/ or the European Commission. Additionally, other methods will be used from the trainers’ repertoire and their own tool kits.
The project aims at the following results:
- Competence development in peace-building and conflict transformation focussing mainly on the cross-cutting dimension of “True Peace” and its social dimensions
- Competence development in conducting peace education programmes for young people
- Creation of new educational materials and activities for peace education programmes for young people
- Creation of learning partnerships between the involved partner organisations which translate in follow-up projects on peace education in the youth field
The project involves all in all 24 youth workers and youth educators from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Ukraine, the Netherlands, Germany, the United Kingdom and Latvia. Two training courses compose the project. Both courses are held in Georgia, in Misaktsieli and in Kobuleti, and last for 7 days each.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien