E-MOTIVE. European Mobility Through Innovation in ..
E-MOTIVE. European Mobility Through Innovation in Virtual Education
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
The E-MOTIVE project aims to promote cooperation and mobility among higher VET centers working in the following manner:
- During the first half of the project, partners (VET centers or associations of VET centers) will define a cooperation methodology to be applied by higher VET teachers and higher VET students. On the basis of this methodology, partners will also develop a manual to be applied specifically in the provision of the course “mechanical manufacturing design”. The methodology and the manual will gather all the aspects needed to guarantee an efficient cooperation among higher VET teachers and students: how to form the working groups, definition of roles, competences to be developed, communication among students taking into consideration their geographical distance and the use of a non native language for their communication.
- In each of the participating centers of the project (3), a group of students will be selected (12 students in total) within those of the last course of the specialty of mechanical manufacturing design. Students, from 3 centers located in 2 different countries, will need to work together (in a blended mobility way) to solve a challenge proposed and agreed by their teachers.
- Prior to their cooperation, students will receive training in the PBL methodology and in the necessary ICT tools for distance communication and virtual work. This training will involve the mobility of the students from Italy to Spain so they will get to know each other before starting to cooperate and they will receive the training together. Spanish students will also take part in a mobility learning activity in Italy, where they will present the results of the project developed in cooperation with their Italian colleagues.
- In parallel with these activities, the E-MOTIVE partners will also work to create the E-MOTIVE matrix, which aims to provide a standardized and comparable information system on the courses in higher VET provided by higher VET institutions. This matrix will gather information about learning outcomes and competences (technical and transferable) for different specialties in different higher VET centers across Europe, to make cooperation and exchange of resources easier among them.
The learning methodology promoted by E-MOTIVE is based on 4 pillars:
- Project Based Learning (PBL). The student has to carry out a real project working as part of a team. This way, the student learns by doing and apart from technical knowledge, develops also other competences even more important for his/her professional future (workteam, alternatives evaluation, decision making, communication, empathy, negotiation, time management, risk assessment or problem solving).
- Collaborative learning (COL). The student carries out the project as part of a team, working with other students another center located in a different country. Cooperation with the rest of the team is the key point of this methodology. We are not talking about workteam but about collaborative learning, which is based in the existence of interdependencies among the different tasks, so all students need that their colleagues will be successful carrying out their tasks in order to complete his/her own.
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL). The teams will be made by students from different countries so they will need to use a common language (English), different from their mother tongue, to communicate. This way, they will develop their competences in foreign language while acquiring new knowledge in their specialization field.
- Virtual mobility, telework and use of ICT. The members of the team are in different locations so they will need to telework to develop their projects. This way, they will need to learn how to use different technologies and tools to keep communication with the rest of the members of the team.
The E-MOTIVE project is perfectly aligned with the priorities of ERASMUS+, as it will contribute to the achievement of the following objectives:
- Development of transferable competences of higher VET students and teachers.
- Promote blended mobility of higher education students and teachers.
- Enforce content and language integrated learning in higher education.
- Facilitate the comparison and equivalence of different education systems across Europe.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien