E-LEARNING PLATFORM FOR MEDICAL INFORMATICS TO IMP..
E-LEARNING PLATFORM FOR MEDICAL INFORMATICS TO IMPROVE VOCATIONAL AND ICT PRACTICE
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
The healthcare industry is growing steadily and the software/devices of health informatics are an important part of everyday environment of healthcare workers. An increasing investment in the medical informatics industry to digitize health information has created a strong demand for health informatics workers. Unfortunately, the intensiveness, complexity and amount of health information have presented considerable challenges in adopting information technology to increase the efficiency and enhance the quality of medical services. Innovation of the healthcare industry is therefore highly dependent on skilled people with competencies in Health Informatics. Therefore, it is necessary to train medical staff like secretary, nurse, monitoring technician, radiologist/doctor etc. on practical healthcare IT education in addition to their vocational education.
In recent years, in our country, medical informatics-related courses are taught at some vocational schools, high schools, colleges and institutes. However, courses are usually taught on formal training and based on theory. According to various research about medical informatics in Turkey, the educations of medical informatics are extremely inadequate in our country. All these problems are originated from lack of staffs that have sufficient knowledge and competence.
In accordance with EU 2020 targets and the requirements mentioned above, E-learning platform for Medical Informatics to improve Vocational and ICT Skills (E-MEDIVIP) is going to design and implement. The aims of this novel distance learning platform and training modules are;
• To Increase the competences of the people who were and/or are currently trained on healthcare IT at international standards,
• To ensure the effective implementation of active labor market policies in the context of Lifelong learning,
• To improve the employment capability of the labor market.
• To enhance the competencies of vocational trainers who can lead the vocational education according to the needs of this market,
• To update the syllabus of vocational training on healthcare according to the need of labor market and develop new teaching methods for it.
E-MEDIVIP has seven intellectual outputs. These are;
• The detailed need analysis report will be created according to results of questionnaires performed on healthcare worker in Turkey, Spain, Belgium and Germany.
• Project web site and interactive e-learning platform,
• E-learning module for introduction to Informatics education.
• E-learning module for patient information management system and service,
• E-learning module for medical measuring devices.
• E-learning module for medical imaging devices
• E-learning module for decision support systems.
E-MEDIVIP will be oriented to improve the competences on healthcare IT of the students that are trained at health vocational schools, colleges, biomedical engineering and medicine fields at the universities, and of the employees that are still working at health institutions such as doctors, nurses, pharmacologists, managers, IT professionals and engineers, by the help of e-learning modules for different education levels. Because of being open-source, using interactive distance education methodology and containing pilot applications, it will contribute to raise the competences in terms of either theoretical or practical. Moreover, despite being abroad (Germany, Belgium, Spain), there isn’t any qualification in medical informatics in our country. So, E-MEDIVIP will guide the creation of national qualifications in the medical informatics by means of international collaborations.
Some of the expected impacts of E-MEDIVIP are as follows:
- Development of new teaching techniques in the field of medical informatics
- Improvement of the labor market in the field of medical informatics.
- Enhancement of collaborative academic studies in the medical informatics.
- Increasing the motivation of educators in the institutions of vocational education in healthcare
- Generating a positive synergy that will result of the successful execution of the project on the target groups and increase the impact of similar projects in future years
- To obtain a better service quality and competitive environment by increasing the professional qualifications in healthcare
- Better working conditions and salaries for employees as a result of equipped improved human resources.
- Development of appropriate curriculum for vocational education
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien