Diversity in Career Counselling
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
The project “Diversity in career counselling” focuses on exchange of good practices and implementing innovations in the field of training and education of career counsellors. This will be achieved via a newly established partnership between four different institutions from three European countries (Czech Republic, UK and Denmark), each of them having a different background and expertise in career counselling.
The aim of the project is to:
• Bring innovative and transferable methods as well as different perspectives into the training of career counsellors.
• Exchange practical as well as theoretical experience on counselling methods which address specific diversity issues such as age, gender, religion, ethnic origin, language and disability.
• Compare different qualification requirements on career counsellors in the three countries and its implementation within different educational systems and find a common qualification model applicable on the European level.
• Create a handbook for career counsellors applicable in all European countries which will bring a practical insight into the profession of a career counsellor in Europe in 21st century.
• Develop a stable cooperation in order to exchange trainers from partner organisations in future projects and to bring inspiration and different know-how to our clients across Europe.
The partners are:
• European Contact Group (EKS): training and counselling organisation providing career guidance of disadvantaged groups and training of career counsellors. EKS is the coordinator of the project.
• The University of Derby (UK)
• VIA University College (Denmark)
• Justice Prince (UK) is a community centre based in Newcastle, focussed on grass root training and development in deprived areas in the North East of England.
The project starts on the 1st of September 2015 and finishes on the 1st of September 2017. Following activities will be carried out within its two years’ course:
• 5 transnational meetings (2x Prague, Aarhus, Derby and Newcastle) which will last from 3 to 5 days. Their program will consist of a mixture of local visits and exposures, sharing of methods of work, preparation of intellectual output and expert discussions. Each partner will send 2 participants to 4 meetings and 1 to the 5th final meeting.
• Producing a handbook for carrier counsellors. It will be based on practical experiences of professionals from four partner organisations, semi structured interviews with career counsellors from partner organisations, tips for effective career counselling methods etc.
• A dissemination seminar. It will take place in Prague and its aim is to introduce the handbook and also to offer a small international pilot training (using the pool of trainers within the partnership) for stakeholders in CZ.
The key outcome of the project is the above mentioned handbook for career counsellors. It will be published in electronic version in English and further on translated into Czech and printed in 500 copies. The Czech partner will use it as a tool to promote carrier counselling as an effective and important service among the other counselling services in CZ. Other project outcomes are linked to modifications of working methods of each partners inspired by the project (e.g. integration of new elements into the training syllabuses, enlargement of the range of courses for career counsellors, sharing of new know-how with colleagues, new approaches in counselling etc. ).
Dissemination and evaluation
Dissemination of the project results will be carried out according to the dissemination plan by all the partner organisations. The key event will be the seminar in Prague in June 2017, which will introduce the handbook. Additional promotion activities will be press releases, articles, web/Facebook news, presentations in the expert or public events etc. Evaluation will have three levels – self- evaluation of the individual progress, group evaluation in meetings and final evaluation in the end of the project. The sustainability of the project results will be guaranteed by handbook dissemination, implication of new know-how into the daily work of partners and follow up planning.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien