DiverCity - Minding Minorities
Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 31 déc. 2015
Racism and xenophobia increased to a threateningly huge extent in Europe in a couple of years, mostly targeting religious minorities and immigrants. “DiverCity – Minding minorities” is a project which aim is to combat racism and intolerance through human rights education, positive experiences and images. The overall objective is to shatter stereotypes and fight against discrimination based on race, origin, religion and gender as reducing social exclusion is an important EU benchmark of the Europe 2020 Strategy.
In order to reach these goals the project foresees the following activities:
- activities of open discussion, personal experience sharing about prejudice and discrimination based on anything. Workshops will be made thanks to different tools such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union.
- role-playing and simulation activities used as a tool to understand the effects of stereotypes and exclusion; to find constructive solutions to conflict situations; to dig down to the roots of the participants’ behavior regarding diversity whether it’s positive or negative
Duration of the project:
The project will last 4 months from planning to the evaluation of the activities, presumably starting on August 2015. The exchange will last 6 days excluding 2 days for travel time. There will be 5 countries and 30 participants involved (included one group leader per country).
The objectives of the project are:
- to foster intercultural dialogue and fight stereotypes and prejudices as means to contribute to a more diverse and inclusive society
- to educate about human rights and to promote active European citizenship
- to address discriminatory issues in different social contexts
- to promote equality concerning any minorities on every field
- to learn new methods of conflict prevention and conflict resolution
- to promote non-formal educational methods through peer-learning
- to promote the Erasmus+ Programme as tool for social inclusion
Profile of participants:
There will be 5 countries and 30 participants involved in the project, including one group leader per country. The participants will be aged between 16 and 20. One half of a team will be young people who’re representatives of minorities in their country, with fewer opportunities due to economical, racial, religious, socio-cultural, educational obstacles and without any intercultural experiences. The other half of the group will be young people as the representatives of the majority from their country, with more opportunities and a stable background.
At the end, as a result of the activities, the project wants to put the participating youth into a position in their local communities where they can be advocates of tolerance and diversity, where they can initiate changes first in individuals’ behavior then in the community by starting their own projects.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien