Development of Sustainable farming model for the v.. (Tainable Farm)
Development of Sustainable farming model for the viable country life across the borders
Date du début: 31 mai 2010,
Date de fin: 29 sept. 2011
The Southern part of the Great Plain occupies the program territory in Hungary and in Serbia as well. The Great Plain gives the common and special characteristic of this region. Most of the ground is useful for agricultural production, 71% of the territory is used for agriculture in the region.Although agriculture has minor significance in the national economy in both sides, due to the traditions, and spatial structure - scattered farmsteads in the Great Plain - its social importance is very high. The region has excellent quality arable land and a strong tradition of agriculture. Nevertheless, in small farms the agro technology (machinery, seed, soil cultivation, pest management etc.) applied is still far from modern, besides, Hungarian farmers still have not started to organize themselves which would be indispensable for being competitive on the market.Vojvodina accounts for 1.64 million hectares of arable land, out of which 67.2% is in the possession of around 260 000 village estates, while the remaining 32.8% is the property of around 180 agricultural enterprises and farming cooperatives. Csongrád County counts 258 137, Bács-Kiskun has 378 823 hectares of arable land, respectively. From these lands 29.5% (Bács-Kiskun) and 39.2% (Csongrád) are the property of around 180 agricultural enterprises and farming cooperatives, a quite similar ratio as can be observed in Vojvodina. The average size of farms is small in Europe. The structure of agriculture is frittered away, proportion of small farms are high. The agricultural sector is characterized by outward movement, a less than modern processing industry and great shortage of services in rural areas. The sector in Hungary diminished in size during the transition to a market economy and the capitalization of the sector is still weak. The average size of farms is small in European comparison. The unique feature of the land is the special small farming world so called "tanyavilág" with all the old traditions and folklore that it still treasured.In the project model of farming is developed for economical production of quality products of traditional plants and animals through sustainable development of small sized farming. The overall objective is to Development of Sustainable farming model for the viable country life across the borders through application of aboriginal plant and animal species and usage of optimal technologies. Furthermore to enhance the knowledge transfer between agricultural research institution and economic actors for the continuous professional. Cereal Research Non-profit Limited Co. is the biggest agricultural research center in the region. It provides experience and knowledge tothe project to develop sustainable farming model. The MGSZH - Agricultural Authorities of Csongrad county supports the project. The Association of Gardeners is an educational department of Corvinus University located in Zenta. They coordinate the model-building at the selected farms. Achievements: Three farms have been selected in HU and three in SRB according to the opinion of experts who assessed the conditions and equipment. The farms are dealing with crop production, livestock breeding, and rural tourism. The equipment was purchased fo all farms and field reserach and demonstration trials were done. Eight major events were organized, including six farms events (three in Hu and three in SRB) and two research workshops were done jointly. A register of farms was created containing the data about 40 farms in each of the countries. The experts wrote 23 studies based on the results of their research.The studies and the description of farms based on the farms register were published in a book of 600 pages.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien