Development of a training program for improving th..
Development of a training program for improving the Quality of Life of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities through the use of ICT solutions
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
Removing barriers to accessing Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) by persons with Intellectual Disabilities (IDPs) is crucial. Being excluded from ICTs implies being shut down from the information society, but also from accessing essential public services, as well as from the opportunity of living an independent life. Application of ICTs for IDPs must be evaluated based their contribution to Quality of Life dimensions.
To eliminate the digital divide in IDPs it´s needed, “a comprehensive training program for all participants in the ICT environment, including IDPs, parents, teachers, ICT support staff, administrators and web technology professionals”
IdICT has the General Objective of increasing the competences of IDPs, their families and the professionals that work with them for exploiting ICTs with a Quality of Life approach.
Specific Objectives are: i) To identify competences related to use of ICT by IDP with a Quality of Life approach; ii) To identify, assess, prioritize, grade and link to Quality of Life dimensions “free of charge” existing ICTs following Universal Design Criteria (accessibility and usability); iii) To motivate IDPs, their families and professionals, about using ICTs for improving their quality of life; iv) To develop a Training Methodology, focused in the transference to accessible and usable guidelines addressed to IDPs, their families and professionals working with them about the appropriated use of ICTs; v)To develop an accessible and usable online Training Platform, supporting the Training Methodology linking to selected and grouped ICT tools
The consortium includes 5 entities working in the field of supporting persons with Intellectual Disabilities (COPAVA, HURT, CUDV DRAGA, CERGIGUI AND CSS), involving a big collective of persons, families and professionals and 2 Technological Centres (IBV and IAT) specialized in the development of ICT solutions adapted to collectives with special needs and IDPs
The next results will be obtained;
- Identification, selection, assessment, prioritization and grading of current and potential ICT tools (Apps and software) related with each of the Quality of Life model dimension.
- Determination of key success factors and lessons learnt related to the transference of knowledge to IDPs through adapted training methodologies including the exploitation of e-training tools
- Determination of criteria for the development and adaptation of a training program, training materials and an online training platform to the specific needs and characteristics of the trainees profiles (IDPs, families and professionals).
- Determination of the Specifications for the development of a successful Training Program and an e-Training Platform addressed to Quality of Life Model and the ICTs, within an empowered environment for IDPs.
- Development of 1 Training Program and Methodology, and 1 Set of Training Materials and Tools addressed to IDPs, families and professionals for facilitating the implementation of Quality of Life Model trough the use of ICTs, based on empowerment of these persons and the involvement of families and professionals supporting them.
- Development of 1 e-Training Platform, based in Universal Design criteria including awareness, training contents and tailored and adapted training materials for the proper use of the selected ICT solutions based on improving the quality of life of IDP. Trainees and trainers will directly access to the training materials, guidelines and linked selected ICT tools (Apps and Software)
- Creation of 5 idICT Units in the 5 Associations belonging to the Consortium, in order to ensure the sustainable exploitation of the project after the project lifetime.
idICT project will benefit a number of persons during the project lifetime:
- 150-200 IDPs, families and the professionals devoted to them, will be trained, through validation actions of Training Materials and e-Training Platform.
- 1800 IDPs, their families and the professionals devoted to them will be aware, through dissemination actions
- 500 European persons related to Intellectual Disability through the project dissemination done using their own networks
After the project lifetime, and through the idICT Units, we estimate to create a multiplier effect achieving the next impact:
- 150 persons including IDPs, families and professionals will be trained yearly during the 5 years after the completion of the project
- 1000 IDPs families and professionals will be aware yearly during the 5 years after the completion of the project, through the dissemination actions
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien